Tech Lead / Architect
If you’re ready to start the next chapter in your career journey, you’ve come to the right place. We’re always happy to hear from people who are eager to learn and grow, and share our values.
We're looking for Tech Lead/Architect
Tech Lead's / Architects at Futurice are generalists working across industries to help clients solve their important challenges in business and technology. They work with digital services, software development and improving how digital is done in big organizations. They have a wide understanding of technology and a toolset of modern frameworks and methodologies. Tech Lead's/Architects often have years of experience in software development but have extended the scope of problems to tackle as they also want to see the impact being made to organizational issues. Here are some examples of our expertise:
DevOps & Cloud architecture
- Solid experience with AWS, Google Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure
- Designing for Single Cloud provider or Hybrid Cloud scenarios
- Developing complex scenarios using cloud agnostic stacks
- Facilitating Threat Modeling & Risk Management workshops
- Security Auditing and recommending code pipeline best practices
AI & Data architecture
- Building Data Lake and Data Warehousing solutions in the Cloud
- Analytics, Visualizations and Business Intelligence systems (e.g. Splunk, Kibana, PowerBI, QlikView, QuickSight, Data Studio, etc)
- AI/Machine Learning model creation and training (e.g. Tensorflow, Apache MXNet)
Additionally, you will take a significant role in shaping the architecture team and contributing to our company thought leadership efforts. Due to the exploratory nature of this role, you will also assist in account management and sales related activities.
Are you our new colleague?
- You have a broad knowledge of tools, frameworks and technologies related to designing, implementing, deploying and hosting software services.
- Solid experience in at least one of the following Architecture domains: DevOps & Cloud, Security and/or Data & AI
- Strong expertise in agile software development and methods (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- You have experience in designing and implementing modern REST-based APIs, using e.g. Java, Scala, or Node.js.
- You have a good understanding of both relational databases as well as no-SQL databases.
- Good leadership skills in achieving momentum, action and results
- Ability to ask the right questions and drive troubleshooting with experts
- Thought leader and influencer: public speaking, tech articles, etc.
- Willingness to take a step in the abstraction level to solve organizational issues and drive towards results in big projects.
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with nonhierarchical organizations.
- Fluent English is required, Finnish skills is a plus.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for and are ready to take the next step, please submit your application.
Our application form is about as easy as it gets. All you need to do is enter your contact information and upload your attachments. We’d love to see a CV, and a few lines about yourself and why you want to join Futurice. If you need some inspiration, read our tips on how to stand out from the other applicants. You can also submit links to your LinkedIn and/or GitHub profile or your portfolio, as well as share other attachments relevant to the application.
After we receive your application, we will reach out to you. Those selected for the interview phase can look forward to an initial discussion that will help us get to know you better, and you to get more info about life at Futurice. This is followed by an in-depth talk with your potential future colleagues to dive deeper into your professional skills. Finally, there’s a general chat to discuss things like your potential future projects.
If any questions, contact email@example.com.
How we work
Ever since Futurice was founded, we’ve been committed to offering a workplace people will genuinely enjoy coming to every morning, Mondays included. We’ve put tons of effort into fostering a healthy and welcoming company culture combined with fair and competitive salaries as well as perks that improve the wellbeing of each Futuricean – take a look here to learn more, check our Culture handbook 2.0 and get to know some of our people through their career stories. Each of our offices also adds its own unique vibe and flavor into the mix. Learn more about our offices here!
At Futurice, new joiners are not expected to fit into a specific mold – people are free to come as they are, regardless of their background. We believe there’s power in perspectives and consider diversity an important part of our success – which is why we have made diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) a key component of our company’s strategy. You can learn more about our DE&I commitment and efforts here.
We are Futurice, an outcome-focused digital transformation company.We help our clients solve their biggest challenges and empower them to make a positive impact on the world.
Founded in 2000, our team comprises over 800 diverse experts who represent more than 60 different nationalities. We have Nordic roots and a global mindset and operate across Europe.
- Minna Ruohonenrecruitment@futurice.com