Join us in London!
As a service designer at Futurice UK, you’ll help clients to create compelling and differentiated services as a hands-on practitioner and coach. We’re looking for designers who share our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re able to inspire team members and clients with compelling, well-thought out design solutions.
- You ground your work in deep, contextual understanding of what matters to the organisations and the people you’re designing for.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of experience in synthesising quantitative and qualitative data, and feeding this into design direction.
- Ability to articulate concepts, ideas and rationale in a clear and compelling way to colleagues, and clients alike.
- An understanding of supporting systems and organisational structures.
- Comfortable designing new services from scratch
- Help to drive and develop our service design methodologies and toolkit
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications and so on.
- Able to coach and build an organisation’s capabilities, particularly with the basics of design with a human-centred approach.
Some of the things we expect to see:
- Five years’ experience working in a service design or similar role.
- Experience of agile product development and working in a lean and agile environment, as part of cross-functional teams.
- High level of experience in planning and conducting user research.
- High level of experience in planning and conducting collaborative workshops and co-creation sessions in multi-stakeholder environments.
- Experience creating detailed, and scalable user journeys and service blueprints.
- Consulting or agency experience, working collaboratively with client teams
As a bonus, you might have:
- Background in psychology, sociology or ethnography.
- Experience in strategic foresight or trend analysis.
- Experience in digital marketing or marketing strategy.
- Experience in change management, operational improvement and metrics consulting.
- A portfolio which includes mobility products and services
- Visual Design skills
We’d love to see a portfolio you’re proud of. We’d expect you to show us examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking. And to tell us how they reflect your comprehensive understanding of the design process.
Here’s what Futurice boils down to
Workplace – We offer you a great workplace with a close-knit team of awesome colleagues, interesting projects and great possibilities for continuous learning and professional growth. We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice.
Culture – We are human first. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
Flexibility – Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours and locations.
If you feel like you've just been described above, we would love to hear from you!
Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and what you can bring to the Futurice Design team.Send your application to email@example.com
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.