Are you looking for the next chapter in your career journey? You’ve come to the right place. We are always happy to hear from people who love learning and have their heart in the right place. Welcome home.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer to join our team at Futurice UK, you’ll join our highly collaborative, cross-functional product teams, working closely with clients and users to co-create intuitive, impactful and accessible design solutions. We’re looking for someone who shares our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
We’re a team of designers and software engineers working hard to create a progressive environment, culture and capability in the UK market. We’re working with some highly respected brands who value our ability to bring together design and engineering and get things to market quickly, while building their capabilities in tandem. Currently we run all of our client and team sessions remotely, but in future, we will expect all employees to be available to work on client sites if required and be within reach of London for regular full team sessions.
Does this sound like you?
- To you, a browser is not just a rendering tool, it's your medium of choice
- You are equally comfortable with frontend and backend technologies along with their infrastructure. You might have a preference or even a speciality in one of them; however, we'd expect you to be flexible and work across the whole stack
- You have the proven ability to implement complex, multi-layered services using a modern application stack such as ReactJS/Typescript for the frontend and Node.js for the backend, but are by no means limited by those choices
- Ambitious self-starter and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straight forwardness
- Eager to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people, mostly in small, cross-functional teams
- You are passionate about the success of the team and mentor more junior members of the team to help upskill them
- You like to build products with an eye for user experience and help clients understand why certain features and technologies should be chosen
Some of the things we expect to see
- Good knowledge across both front and backend technologies
- Clear communication with internal, external teams and clients
- You can find the best technical solution for the problem and can help articulate it to clients
- Familiar with Agile, Waterfall and other methodologies
- You know all the aspects of building a software and can support junior members of the team
- You enjoy working on the code and focusing on delivery goals
- You enjoy mentoring other developers
- You can help teams to focus on project goals to reach the best delivery outcome
- You enjoy collaborating with designers and product owners to innovate and devise great technical solutions to meet user needs
- Prior experience in a consultancy or agency environment would be a bonus
What we care about
How we work
We’re a team of collaborators and always aim to encourage each other to get out of our comfort zone, experiment, reflect and learn together.
We are human first. Mutual respect and trust is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a work culture with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours and locations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of holidays + plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday too
- Long service annual leave of an additional day per year after three years’ unbroken service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- A monthly wellbeing budget of £50
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 10-weeks maternity full pay and 3- weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Learning budget of £1200 per year for self initiated learning, books and training courses
- Regular company get-togethers and a weekly lunch and share
- Team trips and group activities (when we can get together in person)
Don’t worry about whether you’re a 100% fit! Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you’ve worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and why you want to join us!
More about our process
If you'd like to apply, follow this link to our application portal.
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely: - 30min video/telephone introductory call with our Talent team - 1hr interview with 2 people, a developer and a designer - 1hr tech task interview with two developers - 1hr interview with 2 directors
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Futurice, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. We will offer interviews at times that suit your schedule and circumstances. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible and convenient for you.
We are a team of 650 professionals with more than 46 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.