If you’re ready to start the next chapter in your career journey, you’ve come to the right place. We’re always happy to hear from people who are eager to learn and grow, and share our values. Read more about the role and apply.
Are you a developer with knowledge on accessibility and you have a strong drive to learn more?
Keep on reading! As a Software Developer at Futurice you get to work in a team of talented people. We cooperate with different clients in different business fields. This means there are options in terms of projects and technologies you can use when you join Futurice. Depending on your skills, impact and responsibilities we can customize a role fitting for your learning goals and professional aspirations. At Futurice trust is given, not earned, which means you’ll have a lot of freedom to choose whether you want to work at the office (downtown Stockholm), customer premises or remote (in Sweden), depending on the projects at hand.
About the role
You don’t have to be a guru yet. More than that we hope that you are aiming to grow into one. These skills listed down below will support you on your journey at Futurice:
- You have previous experience of building accessible products and services and can demonstrate how to test accessibility through the use of keyboard testing and screen reader use.
- You have a good understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 and 2.2 and the coming European Accessibility Act and how they apply to your role as a developer.
- You have a solid understanding of modern software development and a familiarity with frontend frameworks. You understand their pros and cons and any additional steps needed to make them work accessibly.
- You have knowledge of how to integrate accessibility testing tools into frontend development flows and CI/CD testing pipelines.
- You have empathy towards the people who use the services we build and understand the diversity of people and their abilities, as well as the various barriers affecting the user experience.
- We hope that good communication both with the team and the client is something you cherish dearly. Usually we look for people with fluent English, but this time especially fluent Swedish is a must.
We consider as a plus
- Experience with automated accessibility testing tools
- CPACC, WAS, CPWA or other relevant certification
Futurice offers you
Futurice offers you a unique opportunity to grow as a professional in our versatile and dynamic agency. With a focus on learning and development, we provide the chance to expand your skill set and achieve your career goals. You'll be inspired and supported throughout your journey, working alongside motivated and talented individuals in development, design, and strategy. Enjoy flexible working hours, part-time options, and access to learning events and certification programs. Additionally, our social responsibility program allows you to give back to the community and receive sponsorship for open-source projects.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for and are ready to take the next step, please submit your application.
Our application form is about as easy as it gets. All you need to do is enter your contact information and upload your attachments. We’d love to see a CV, and a few lines about yourself and why you want to join Futurice. If you need some inspiration, read our tips on how to stand out from the other applicants. You can also submit links to your LinkedIn and/or GitHub profile or your portfolio, as well as share other attachments relevant to the application.
After we receive your application, we will reach out to you. Those selected for the interview phase can look forward to an initial discussion that will help us get to know you better, and you to get more info about life at Futurice. This is followed by an in-depth talk with your potential future colleagues to dive deeper into your professional skills. Finally, there’s a general chat to discuss things like your potential future projects.
How we work
Ever since Futurice was founded, we’ve been committed to offering a workplace people will genuinely enjoy coming to every morning, Mondays included. We’ve put tons of effort into fostering a healthy and welcoming company culture combined with fair and competitive salaries as well as perks that improve the wellbeing of each Futuricean – take a look here to learn more, check our Culture handbook 2.0 and get to know some of our people through their career stories. Each of our offices also adds its own unique vibe and flavor into the mix. Learn more about our offices here!
At Futurice, new joiners are not expected to fit into a specific mold – people are free to come as they are, regardless of their background. We believe there’s power in perspectives and consider diversity an important part of our success – which is why we have made diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) a key component of our company’s strategy. You can learn more about our DE&I commitment and efforts here.
We are Futurice, an outcome-focused digital transformation company. We help our clients solve their biggest challenges and empower them to make a positive impact on the world.
Founded in 2000, our team comprises over 800 diverse experts who represent more than 60 different nationalities. We have Nordic roots and a global mindset and operate across Europe.
- Martta Riihimäkimartta.firstname.lastname@example.org