At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. We are builders at heart and the end user experience is at the forefront of everything we do. Our UX/Interaction Designers transform complex demands into intuitive and elegant digital services for millions of people around the world. Be part of our internationally awarded working culture and join our team of brilliant minds and creative thinkers.
We are human first. And ethics matter tremendously. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Above all, designers need to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real value.
Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are and where you are heading and what you can bring to the Futurice design team. Describe what you already know and what you want to learn next and take a look at how to write a great job application.
What we expect:
- Fluent in German and English.
- Capable of turning user problems in simple and functional UX solutions.
- A good understanding of users and usability.
- High quality production of wireframes and visual designs for digital platforms.
- Production of both rapid and high fidelity prototypes to describe the behavior of concepts.
- Experience in turning complex demands into simple and elegant digital services.
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practice, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Experience in front-end coding and exposure to the technical side of digital development and delivery.
- Practical working knowledge of agile development methodology.
- Expertise in collaborating with other designers, developers and advisors.
- Advanced level user of common design software (Sketch, Adobe, Framer, Invision, Principle).
- First-class verbal and written communication skills with the ability to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale in a comprehensive and understandable manner verbally, written and visually.
- Be a futurice ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
- Interest in participating in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
- Interest in (or experience in) service design is a big plus.
- Experience with AI, robotics or other emerging technologies (AR,VR,IoT ...).
- Experience in product design (physical) or physical spaces/architecture.
- Animation or motion Design.
- Qualitative and quantitative user research.
- City planning / Future cities.
One Nice-to-have would be excellent. Two would blow our minds. Three may bring us to tears. Your superpower is not on the list? Surprise and convince us!
For a senior role, you should have:
- Minimum five years of experience working in the field.
- Ability to lead projects with multiple designers.
- Demonstrate experience in coaching and growing designers to unleash their full potential.
For a lead role, you should have:
- Minimum seven years of experience in creating and bringing products and services to market. If you have less but believe you have what it takes, please feel free to tell us what else you would bring to the role.
- Ability to lead large scale design projects and related accounts.
- Demonstrated experience in leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
- You are driving design quality, practice and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as creating new offerings within Futurice.
A strong portfolio is a crucial accompaniment to your application, including several examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking, reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
We offer you a great workplace with awesome colleagues, interesting projects with the possibility of working at Futurice offices abroad for shorter or longer stints, excellent tools and benefits, and great possibilities for continuous learning and professional growth. We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice.
You are not a morning person? You need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore we have flexible working hours.
If you feel like you've just been described above, are a nice guy or gal who is absolutely fun to work with, and would like to work with some of the nicest and most talented people in the industry, we would love to get your application!
Please send a few lines about yourself using the form below.