At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. Together with our clients, we co-create transformational businesses and services to redefine the way humans and technology interact. We show the direction. We design customer experiences. We code. We make you the culture you need. We make future digital businesses.
As a Technology Advisor you’ll be part of a talented team with diverse backgrounds and leave your mark on our growing and developing consulting competence as we expand on the continent and beyond.
Technology Advisors at Futurice are generalists working across industries to help clients solve their important challenges in business and technology. They work with digital services, software development and improving how IT is done in big organizations. Technology Advisors have a deep understanding in technology and a toolset of modern frameworks and methodologies. They might have years of experience in software development but have extended the scope of problems to tackle as they also want to see impact being made to organizational issues. Corporations are slow but Technology Consultants have ideas on how to fix that.
Examples of what you’d be working with
- Solving the 2-speed IT riddle in a fortune 50 insurance company which intends to transform into a digital powerhouse.
- Introducing agile process and methodology knowledge to implement the lean mindset in a large energy provider investing in digital solutions related to renewable energies.
- Consulting management of successful startups on technologies and development processes for scaling and growing their business.
- Introducing new technologies to improve the continuous delivery process and the customer experience for a leading consumer goods provider.
Additionally, you will take a significant role in shaping our advisory team and contributing to our unique Lean Service Creation methodology. Due to the exploratory nature of this role, you will also assist in account management and sales related activities.
Your skills and experience
- You have a lean mindset and a digital DNA but also know your stuff around enterprise architecture and legacy IT.
- Ability to communicate and work fluently across different levels in organizations, from management to product owners, enterprise architects and developers and dev-ops.
- Background: modern software development, system integrations, solution architecture and cloud IT infrastructure with +5 years of work experience.
- Education: a higher university degree in computer science, engineering, science, or industrial management.
- Willingness to take a step in the abstraction level to solve organizational issues and drive towards results in big projects.
- Good leadership skills in achieving momentum, action and results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English, and a readiness to travel. German is a big plus.
What we'd like you to be like
- Ability to ask the right questions and drive troubleshooting with experts.
- Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others.
- Eagerness to learn with broad focus.
- Passionate about all things digital.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with nonhierarchical organizations.
We offer you a great workplace with awesome colleagues, interesting projects with the possibility of working at Futurice offices abroad for shorter or longer stints, excellent tools and benefits, and great possibilities for continuous learning and professional growth. We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice.
You are not a morning person? You need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore we have flexible working hours.
If you feel like you've just been described above, are a nice guy or gal who is absolutely fun to work with, and would like to work with some of the nicest and most talented people in the industry, we would love to get your application!
Please send a few lines about yourself using the form below.