You already have a good deal of studies behind you, and are really starting to get what software is all about. You probably have a few code or design related hobby projects to show in the webs. Every now and then you take one of them out and make some enhancements. Or maybe you start a new project, just to try out a new technique, programming language, or tool you encountered. Now it's time to say hello to the world of professional digital service creation!
Futurice is an international digital consultancy. To give an opportunity to learn for more young talents out there, we have a fair number of summer work positions open. The aim is to position you to a real project with client people, working and learning as part of the team. Don't worry—we don't expect you to know everything beforehand. The main expectation for you is to be willing and able to learn a lot.
Here's a little checklist to help you figure out if you are a match for us:
- You have at least the better part of your relevant studies behind you, or have otherwise got a hold of things well enough because of your passion for digital things.
- You have already done some cool things that actually work either on a web browser, a mobile device, or virtual world. Preferably you also can show what you have done! (If not, see below.)
- You really want to learn more about programming or digital design and one day become a world-class professional of this.
Gather your most awesome study/hobby projects, then add a transcript of your studies. Spice these up with a short letter telling about who you are, and how you are going to grow into a real software engineer or designer, and send all of these with the form below. You might also want to take a look at our article about how to write great job applications for more inspiration.
If you don't yet have so much to show concretely for proving your skills, for a reason or another, then you still have a chance to create something of your choice. We'd like to leave the exact details to your creativity, but your project could have some of the things listed here:
- Web, mobile, VR/AR, or data related application implementation or designs with a prototype
- Saving, loading, maybe even undoing changes, multiple simultaneous users who can interact with each other
- Great usability and look&feel; something that really works, instead of a lot of features
- Employing good practices that are useful for team work
- You learn something yourself by doing the project, are interested about it, and can also use it later for showing your skills
Please publish your app, service, or prototype and designs for us to check. You should also provide a link to the source code if you write some.
Note: we accept summer job applications least until the end of January. We won't necessarily be replying to the applications right away, but later in December or starting from January.