At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. Take the opportunity to shape and influence our client's business and raise the benchmark of design quality. As a service designer, you will help the world's leading businesses to develop compelling and well-thought out design solutions as a hands-on practitioner and coach.
We are human first. And ethics matter tremendously. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Above all, designers need to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real value.
Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are and where you are heading and what you can bring to the Futurice design team. Describe what you already know and what you want to learn next and take a look at how to write a great job application.
What we expect:
- Fluent in German and English.
- A strategic and creative thinker, able to inspire team members and clients with compelling, well-thought out design solutions.
- High level of expertise in planning and conducting customer research and collaborative workshop activities that help shape and define consumer-facing experiences.
- Proficient in synthesising quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources to identify opportunities and recommend design directions.
- Ensure the work is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for.
- Manage design research relationships with partners and clients.
- Evolve and innovate the Service Design and Design Research practice, pulling in state-of-the-art methods from external and internal expertise.
- First-class verbal and written communication skills with the ability to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale in a comprehensive and understandable manner verbally, written and visually
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practice, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Expertise in collaborating with other designers, developers and advisors.
- Be a Futurice ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
- Background in psychology, sociology or ethnography.
- Experience in strategic foresight or trend analysis.
- Experience in brand identity and brand strategy.
- Experience in digital Marketing or marketing strategy.
- Experience in change management, operational improvement and metrics consulting.
One Nice-to-have would be excellent. Two would blow our minds. Three may bring us to tears. Your superpower is not on the list? Surprise and convince us!
For a senior role, you should have:
- Minimum five years of experience working in the field.
- Ability to lead projects with multiple designers.
- Demonstrate experience in coaching and growing designers and unleash their full potential.
For a lead role, you should have:
- Minimum seven years of experience in creating and bringing products and services to market. If you have less but believe you have what it takes, please feel free to tell us what else you would bring to the role.
- Ability to lead large scale design projects and related accounts.
- Demonstrated experience in leading multiple cross-discipline teams.
- You are driving design quality, practice and offerings that meet business and user goals as well as creating new offerings within Futurice.
A strong portfolio is a crucial accompaniment to your application, including several examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking, reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
We offer you a great workplace with awesome colleagues, interesting projects with the possibility of working at Futurice offices abroad for shorter or longer stints, excellent tools and benefits, and great possibilities for continuous learning and professional growth. We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice.
You are not a morning person? You need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore we have flexible working hours.
If you feel like you've just been described above, are a nice guy or gal who is absolutely fun to work with, and would like to work with some of the nicest and most talented people in the industry, we would love to get your application!
Please send a few lines about yourself using the form below.