Do you love creating unique world class UI visuals with great UX? For our success it's critical that the services we build have exceptionally good user experience and outstanding visual design. You understand how the human mind works and you use your knowledge to combine complex scenarios consisting of business needs and technical opportunities to create products that are a pleasure to interact with.
As UI/Visual Designer, we expect you to be able to produce high quality UI visuals and assets as well as to work as a member of multidisciplinary design & development team to polish the final product to deliver the highest standard of UX.
All team members have a wide range of responsibilities and are involved in every part of the design and development process, therefore positivity and a ‘can do’ attitude are crucial. Individuals are given the freedom to deliver the highest-standard of work in the best way possible. You'll help facilitate co-creation sessions and workshops with our customers, as well as work closely with other designers and developers to create game-changing digital services.
Mutual respect is also an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Above all Designers need to be excited by beautifully designed and innovative, cross media end-to-end digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real purpose for the customer.
What we expect:
- At least 3 years of experience in creating impressive, interactive visual designs on a variety of digital platforms, especially mobile
- High quality production of wireframes and pixel-perfect visual designs for digital platforms
- A sharp eye for visual detail including typography, color and layout as it relates to interaction
- Capable of turning user problems in simple and functional UX solutions
- A good understanding of users and usability
- Production of rapid prototypes to describe the behavior of concepts
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practices, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Inspiring client communication, preferably both in Finnish and in English
- Basic understanding of the technical side of digital development and delivery and analytics
- Experience or interest in other design disciplines and / or front end development
- Practical working knowledge of lean & agile development methodology
- Interest in participating in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
For a senior role, you should also have:
- Over 4 years of visual design experience
- Interest in mentoring junior team members
- Motivation and ability to provide comprehensive feedback and art direction to other designers
- Experience in creating UX & Visual guideline documentation to cover multiple different platforms
- Experience in communicating design decisions to team members and project stakeholders
- Experience in leading project teams in the development of successful digital services
- Experience in managing client relations and a a big picture mentality to support solving problems
We want you to love your job, and we'll do our best to make sure you do.
We offer you an extremely interesting job at one of the world's best workplaces. We believe in good working conditions and atmosphere. You are going to meet some of the nicest and smartest people, including several world-class stars. On top of the competitive compensation the company offers employees a lot of trust and power to affect their own work.
We know we've built something special, and we're proud of it. Our lean & flat organization has been selected the best place to work in Europe, twice. Working here in Tampere, you will get to enjoy the best of two worlds: the support and knowledge of the international Futurice organization, as well as a strong local cohesion and can-do attitude of our multi-talented team of 70 here in the iconic Tampella landscape.
We offer you a great workplace with awesome colleagues and interesting projects with our cool and well-known customers: for example Kesko, Nokian Tyres, Valmet, and Alma Media. You will be working primarily in Tampere, with the possibility of working at Futurice offices abroad for shorter or longer periods – or even relocating. We also provide state-of-the-art tools, as well as great possibilities for continuous learning and professional growth. We want to help you move in the direction you want to go.
At Futurice freedom and responsibility go hand in hand. We believe that everything good starts with happy people, and everyone is encouraged to contribute and shape the future of our company. Many of us value the excellent work/life balance, and the fact that the company genuinely wants to have a positive impact on the society around it.
We promise you:
- The best working culture in Finland!
- Interesting domestic and international clients with a possibility to make an impact in their digital future
- Architecturally challenging projects, with freedom and responsibility regarding the client’s technology choices
- Meaningful ways of working and the possibility to influence them
- Possibilities of working abroad for shorter or longer stints
- Tools to balance your work with the rest of your life in the best possible way
- Zero bureaucracy, full transparency
In addition to what comes with the Futurice DNA and working culture, we have our fair share of perks and benefits. You will get, for example, a good insurance coverage and frequent bonuses in addition to your base salary. You might also find some of these interesting:
- Sponsorship for doing open-source projects on free time
- Flexible working hours & locations (just want to check out the Berlin office? Why not go FutuHike!)
- Company support for learning, be it buying books, online courses or travelling to conferences abroad
- FutuLabs: access to 3D printers, VR & AR gear, racing seats & cool stuff
- Personal IT budget, allowing you to e.g. regularly update your phone
- Periodic laptop refreshes. Redeem your trusty workhorse after the fact? Sure!
How does this sound?
We would love to hear from you! Please send a few lines about yourself to email@example.com or send us your application using the form below.
Our interview process is a dialogue, and we want the exchange to be beneficial for both parties. We are looking for people who are not only talented designers, but also fun to work with. As such, we'd love to hear about what makes you tick and your past projects and experiences, ups as well as downs. Also, we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have got.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
NOTE: We are currently not able to offer visa sponsorships for Tampere, so unfortunately we can't take applications from outside EU/EEA forward. However, do by all means take a look at our positions in the Helsinki HQ!