As Lead Full-stack Developer you are one of the most senior software developers at our new office in Munich. You are responsible for shaping the core technical competencies while taking part in the design and vision of our young site in Munich.
We believe in the value of the tech and are living from it. We also want to give back to the community. With our open source and social responsibility programs we make it easier for you to give your personal contribution.
Do you want to be challenged by your work, and learn from equally skilled and passionate colleagues? Get in touch!
Here’s what Futurice boils down to: freedom and responsibility.
Those are the two most important things on offer here, as far as your quality of life goes. You’ll have great colleagues and together with them you have the freedom to define the best way to do your work and to make your life here as rewarding as possible. You will have responsibility for your own work and the power to influence how the company operates.
Be heard. We value everyone’s input into how the company is run.
Experiment. Try new things. Drive what you are passionate about.
Fail interestingly - succeed spectacularly.
These are the sort of things we’ll hope you do at futurice.
We’re constantly growing and changing as a company, so we want you to grow as a person and professional, too. Whenever you need support, we’ll do all we can to help you move in the direction you want. At Futurice you’ll work side by side with world-class experts from many disciplines. We don’t build silos for tech, design and advisory, we build solutions as one team.
Our offices in four different countries have employees from over 30 different nationalities. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to see different things - from projects to lifestyles. Our Munich office offers an international environment and an easy-going startup mentality, but at the same time interesting career-opportunities and the ability to travel internationally.
We work hard to have a positive impact on the world. With our projects you get to work interesting current problems and build services used by millions of customers for work and leisure. And with our open source and social responsibility programs you can personally give back to the community.
Come and join us!
What awaits you as Lead Full-stack Developer:
- Develop software solutions with novelty and impact and integrate them into our customers’ software landscape
- Mentor other developers and assist establishing Munich office as a top player in the local tech market
- Design and implement software architectures
- Lead projects and develop concepts together with our customers
- Technical consulting in close cooperation with other developers, designers, data scientists and digital business people
- Create solution proposals and presentations for our customers
- Recruit new employees
- Create a buzz in the market about how amazing you and the company you work for (that's us!) are
What we expect:
- Passion for software
- Desire to coach and mentor developers
- Several years of professional experience in software development, ideally in and around web and mobile - more exotic experiences are a big plus!
- Broad knowledge of tools, frameworks and technologies related to designing, implementing, deploying and hosting software services
- Architecture-level understanding of software design
- Proven ability to implement complex, multi-layered services with high-quality frontend and backend code, e.g. using JS/NodeJS, Scala, Java, Clojure, ClojureScript...
- Good understanding of both relational databases as well as NoSQL databases
- Strong expertise in agile software development and methods (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in staff management and career development
Your analytical skills are solid. Your excellent communication skills allow you to collaborate with motivated people with a wide variety of skills, coming different backgrounds. You're fluent in English, our company language. German is an obvious advantage.
All in all, we are not just looking for a person for a specific position. We are looking for people who know their stuff, and who are passionate to learn more!
If this sounds like something you can and want to do, and you're a friendly person who is fun to work with, we would love to get to know you! Please send your application and your CV (if possible with examples of your work e.g. GitHub, app stores, portfolios) to email@example.com.
Ps: If you want to experience other cities you also have the opportunity to work at our other sites, e.g. Berlin, London or Helsinki, through client projects or our FutuHike program. Futurice also offers sponsorships for open source contributions that you do in your free time. And since you know best for you to work effectively, you get a credit card and a budget to buy the tools you need, you get to pick your work laptop, smartphone, tablet or smartwatch.