Futurice is a new breed of innovation consultancy that has digital values at its core. We inject life into digital solutions by designing innovative mobile apps and online software – all with a focus on user experience and interaction. We believe that the winning recipe for digital projects is happy people, happy customers, and happy users.
Futurice is growing profitably and we are working to have a positive impact on the world. We work with major international corporations and build services used by millions of their customers in work and leisure. We have a social responsibility program that you can give back to the community through, too.
Here’s what Futurice boils down to: freedom and responsibility.
Experiment. Try new things. Drive what you are passionate about. Fail interestingly, succeed spectacularly. These are the sort of things we’ll give you a lot of leeway to do.
Business Development at Futurice is not a separate function. It's an integral part of the team and the way we work, which means the role includes an end-to-end responsibility for the business you build. Depending on your experience and level of seniority, the position may also include mentoring responsibilities.
The role consists of:
- Sales and business development based on Futurice's full offering, including advisory, service design and development
- Understanding customers' diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs
- Development and implementation of an effective sales strategy
- Sales through the entire cycle: prospecting, acquisition of new accounts / cold-calling, writing proposals, negotiating sales contracts, closing orders, managing existing accounts, consultative account development work for key customer
- Marketing and promoting a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and through attending industry events
- Making a strong contribution to and sharing in the responsibility of running the Futurice business in Germany
Who we’re looking for
- Background: 5+ years of work experience in digital business development and/or sales
- Strong competence and background in an area relevant to modern digital solutions: development, design, analytics, agile coaching or digital business design
- Understanding of the software world and what it takes to build superb digital services for very demanding customers
- Belief in lean startup, with experience in working with big organizations, too
- Consultative mindset and a dedication to help customers succeed in a digital world
- Ability to take end-to-end responsibility
- Dynamic - gets things done - can-do attitude
- Fluent German and English, willingness to do some travel
- Damn nice guy or gal to work with. It's crucial that your mindset matches with the Futurice family culture.
We offer you a great workplace with awesome colleagues, interesting projects with the possibility of working at Futurice offices abroad for shorter or longer stints, excellent tools and benefits, and great possibilities for continuous learning and professional growth. We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe, twice.
You are not a morning person? You Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore we have flexible working hours.
If you feel like you've just been described above, are a nice guy or gal who is absolutely fun to work with, and would like to work with some of the nicest & most talented people in the industry, we would love to get your application!
Please send a few lines about yourself using the form below.