UX/UI Designer (m/w/x)
Join us in Munich!
At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. We are builders at heart and the end-user experience is at the forefront of everything we do. Our UX Designers transform complex demands into intuitive and elegant digital services for millions of people around the world. Be part of our internationally awarded working culture and join our team of brilliant minds and creative thinkers.
We are human first. And ethics matter tremendously. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Above all, designers need to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real value. Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are and where you are heading and what you can bring to the Futurice design team. Describe what you already know and what you want to learn next and take a look at how to write a great job application.
What We Expect
- Fluent in German and English.
- Capable of turning user problems into simple and functional solutions.
- A good understanding of users and usability.
- High-quality production of wireframes and visual designs for digital platforms.
- Production of both rapid and high fidelity prototypes to describe the behaviour of concepts.
- Experience in turning complex demands into simple and elegant digital services.
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practices, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Experience in front-end coding and exposure to the technical side of digital development and delivery.
- Practical working knowledge of agile development methodology.
- Expertise in collaborating with other designers, developers and advisors.
- Advanced level user of common design software (Sketch, Adobe, Framer, Invision, Principle).
- First-class verbal and written communication skills with the ability to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale in a comprehensive and understandable manner verbally, written and visually.
- Be a futurice ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
- Interest in participating in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
- Experience with AI, robotics or other emerging technologies (AR, VR, IoT ...).
- Experience in product design (physical) or physical spaces/architecture.
- Animation or motion Design.
- Qualitative and quantitative user research.
- City planning / Future cities.
One Nice-to-have would be excellent. Two would blow our minds. Three may bring us to tears. Your superpower is not on the list? Surprise and convince us!
A strong portfolio is a crucial accompaniment to your application, including several examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking, reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
We offer you a great workplace with awesome colleagues, interesting projects, excellent tools and benefits, a social responsibility program to take pride in and great possibilities for continuous learning and professional growth. We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice.
You are not a morning person? You need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore we have flexible working hours.
If you feel like you've just been described above, are a nice guy or gal who is absolutely fun to work with, and would like to work with some of the nicest and most talented people in the industry, we would love to get your application!
Please send a few lines about yourself using the form below.
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.