UX/UI Designer (f/m/x)
At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. We are builders at heart and the end-user experience is at the forefront of everything we do. Our UX Designers transform complex demands into intuitive and elegant digital services for millions of people around the world. Be part of our internationally awarded working culture and join our team of brilliant minds and creative thinkers.
We are human first. And ethics matter tremendously. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Above all, designers need to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real value. Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are and where you are heading and what you can bring to the Futurice design team. Describe what you already know and what you want to learn next and take a look at how to write a great job application.
What We Expect
- Capable of turning user problems into simple and functional solutions.
- A good understanding of users and usability.
- High-quality production of wireframes and visual designs for digital platforms.
- Production of both rapid and high fidelity prototypes to describe the behaviour of concepts.
- Experience in turning complex demands into simple and elegant digital services.
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practices, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Experience in front-end coding and exposure to the technical side of digital development and delivery.
- Practical working knowledge of agile development methodology.
- Expertise in collaborating with other designers, developers and advisors.
- Advanced level user of common design software (Sketch, Adobe, Framer, Invision, Principle).
- First-class verbal and written communication skills with the ability to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale in a comprehensive and understandable manner verbally, written and visually.
- Be a futurice ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
- Interest in participating in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
- Experience with AI, robotics or other emerging technologies (AR, VR, IoT ...).
- Experience in product design (physical) or physical spaces/architecture.
- Animation or motion Design.
- Qualitative and quantitative user research.
- City planning / Future cities.
- Fluent in German is a big plus
One Nice-to-have would be excellent. Two would blow our minds. Three may bring us to tears. Your superpower is not on the list? Surprise and convince us!
Why join Futurice?
We are very proud of our culture and our lean, flat company structure. It’s not by accident that we’ve been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice. We have four core values, which are also our promises to you as a new employee.
We care about the problems we solve and about each other as human beings. We hire people who intuitively and by default help each other out. It’s a virtuous cycle that creates happy teams and happy clients.
At Futurice, trust doesn’t need to be earned, it’s given. This means that if you think something makes sense, you can go ahead and do it.
- Continuous improvement
We want to help every Futurician get better at their craft every day. This happens through project-work, training and guided self-learning.
We believe in being open about pretty much everything. No matter your career level, you can get involved in and informed about any topic company-wide.
Besides our overall cultural and organisational model, here are some specific Futurice perks.
- Flexible working hours
Some are night owls, others early birds – you can work whenever you’re most productive. Also, part-time work (e.g. 80%) is possible.
- Futurice Hybrid Work Model
Depending on your assignments you can work from home or in the office
- Personal IT budget
Free choice of laptop, phone, tablet, headphones and other work-gear
- Company pension scheme
Opt-in for an additional, improved pension plan
- Sports benefit
We want our people to stay fit and healthy! Futurice sponsors your personal membership at Urban Sports Club
- Social responsibility program
You can give back to the community and receive sponsorship from Futurice for doing open-source projects in your free time.
work in another office for a week
access to 3D printers, VR & AR gear and other cool emerging tech stuff
We would love to hear from you! Please share a few lines about yourself, your up-to-date CV, and your portfolio. A strong portfolio is a crucial accompaniment to your application, including several examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking, reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
Come as you are
As an ultimate learning platform that empowers people to become a better version of themselves, we believe that diversity and inclusion are important to our company's success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, medical condition, or other non-merit factors - we care for each other!
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.