As a UX Designer at Futurice UK, you’ll join our highly collaborative, cross-functional product teams, working closely with clients and users to co-create intuitive, impactful and accessible design solutions. We’re looking for designers who share our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Does this sound like you?
- You can use your design skills to create solutions that are intuitive, visually engaging, and aligned to user needs, business and market strategy, and technical considerations.
- You’re comfortable rapidly ideating multiple design solutions, through sketching, wireframing, user flows and interactive prototyping to clearly communicate design concepts.
- Ability to articulate concepts, ideas and rationale in a clear and compelling way to colleagues, and clients alike.
- You can create and maintain robust, scalable design systems.
- You might not be able to write code, but you know the lingo and understand the limitations of front-end development.
- You’re comfortable supporting insight gathering activities such as user testing, and interviews.
Some of the things we expect to see:
- 4 years’ experience working in a UX design or similar role.
- Experience of agile product development and working in a lean and agile environment, as part of cross-functional teams.
- Expertise using modern prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Invision, to create low to high fidelity interactive prototypes for responsive web and mobile applications.
- Experience using Miro to share project assets and host remote workshops.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Comfortable presenting ongoing design work at various stages of completion, with a clear rationale, to team members and stakeholders of all levels.
- Actively seek critique on your design work, and enjoy participating in an open, collaborative culture.
- Experience working closely with development teams end-to-end on projects, from discovery to launch.
- Experience following, adapting and interpreting brand guidelines for digital products.
- Consulting or agency experience, working collaboratively with client teams.
- A portfolio showcasing your recent UX and UI design work.
As a bonus, you might have:
- Experience writing CSS and HTML
- Ability to create iconography, illustrations and infographics using tools such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience creating animations and interaction examples using tools such as Adobe After Effects and Lottie Files.
- A portfolio which includes mobility products and services
- Visual Design skills
Here’s what Futurice boils down to
We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice.
We are human first. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a work culture with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours and locations.
If you feel like you've just been described above, we would love to hear from you!Take a look at what we do and what we've doneand get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you’ve worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and what you can bring to the Futurice design team.
Please send your CV, Portfolio and a brief covering letter explaining why you would like to work at Futurice to firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely:
- 30min video/telephone introductory call
- 1hr interview with 2 people, a developer and a designer
- 1hr interview with 2 directors
Salary range-£30,000 - £50,000 PA
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.