Join us in London!
Looking for the next adventure in your career? You are in the right place! We are always happy to get to know people who love learning and have their heart in the right place.
We’re looking for a motivated and resourceful Tech Principal to join our Senior Leadership team at Futurice UK. As Tech Principal you will be a technology evangelist, with a demonstrable passion for, and experience of, applying technology to transform business communications, processes and customer experience at enterprise level.
We’re a team of designers and software engineers working hard to create a progressive environment, culture and capability in the UK market. We’re working with some highly respected brands who value our ability to bring together design and engineering and get things to market quickly, while building their capabilities in tandem. Currently we run all of our client and team sessions remotely, but in future, we will expect all employees to be available to work on client sites if required and be within reach of London for regular full team sessions.Does this sound like you?
- You are excited by delivering world-class digital services that have a real impact.
- You have a wide range and depth of technical knowledge and can use this to devise effective technical solutions to meet underlying user needs.
- You can take responsibility for the technical success of complex development projects.
- You have great communication skills and are comfortable talking to senior technical & non-technical stakeholders, and end-users.
- You enjoy working closely with clients and helping them increase their technical maturity.
- You are a talented leader, who can direct and motivate teams, and you have a noticeable impact on the work produced by everyone on the team.
- You understand the competitive commercial environment today’s consultancies operate in, and you have found, pitched for and won new opportunities.
- Proven ability at a Head of, or Director level, with a consulting background
- Multi-stack experience (languages, databases, middleware, APIs, cloud technologies)
- Extensive knowledge across both front and backend technologies
- Prior experience of leading a tech team and guiding colleagues on the most optimal and pragmatic solutions for specific client challenges.
- Significant experience in software architecture and building digital products from early-stage through to scaling and maturity
- Deep understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills at the exec board level
- Passion for delivering great technical quality, and can work towards improving the quality of legacy systems
- You enjoy contributing to new business activities including providing content and estimates for RFI/Ps, attending 1-2-1 consultations and playing a lead role in pitches.
- You want to help our clients increase their technical maturity, while remaining sensitive to their business needs
- You have experience supporting project management to deliver accurate scopes of work by clearly advising on technical approach, requirements, resources, time and costs
- You are comfortable leading systems architecture, understanding the technical challenges and providing recommendations for platforms, environments and ecosystems.
- You enjoy mentoring developers, and helping them reach their personal development goals
- You enjoy collaborating with designers and product owners to innovate and devise great technical solutions to meet user needs
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced, changing environments
How we work
We’re a team of collaborators and always aim to encourage each other to get out of our comfort zone, experiment, reflect and learn together
We are human first. Mutual respect and trust is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a work culture with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours and locations.What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 5%
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of holidays
A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 10-weeks maternity full pay and 3- weeks partner full pay(dependant on your tenure)
- Time and budget for personal development
- Company credit card
- Team get-togethers and a weekly lunch and share
- Weekly company updates and social events (all remote)
- Team trips and group activities (when we can get together in person)
Don’t worry about whether you’re a 100% fit! Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you’ve worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and why you want to join us!More about our process
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would like to work at Futurice UK to email@example.com
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely:
- 30min video/telephone introductory call
- 1hr interview with 2 people, a developer and a designer
- 1hr interview with 2 directors
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Futurice, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. We will offer interviews at times that suit your schedule and circumstances. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible and convenient for you.
Additional information: Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship. You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.