Senior UX/UI Designer (f/m/x) - Freiburg
At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. We are builders at heart and the end-user experience is at the forefront of everything we do. Our UX Designers transform complex demands into intuitive and elegant digital services for millions of people around the world. Be part of our internationally awarded working culture and join our team of brilliant minds and creative thinkers.
In February, we will open a new work initiative in the Grünhof Co-Working space in the heart of Freiburg. What's special about it? It will be a hybrid work place : enjoy the perks of remote work in a beautiful city located in the German Black Forest, combined with living our unique Futurice company culture at the shared office space whenever you want.
You can be part of the funding team, shaping the ways of working while being part of the amazing Futurice Family with multiple offices around Europe.
We’re Futurice. We bring together strategy, design, engineering and data to help organisations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Have you always wanted to build something new in the digital realm, living startup style work experience? Here comes your opportunity!
We are human first. And ethics matter tremendously. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Above all, designers need to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real value. Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are and where you are heading and what you can bring to the Futurice design team. Describe what you already know and what you want to learn next and take a look at how to write a great job application.
Here are some practical things that would definitely help in this job
- Capable of turning user problems into simple and functional solutions.
- A good understanding of users and usability.
- High-quality production of wireframes and visual designs for digital platforms.
- Production of both rapid and high fidelity prototypes to describe the behaviour of concepts.
- Experience in turning complex demands into simple and elegant digital services.
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practices, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Experience in front-end coding and exposure to the technical side of digital development and delivery.
- Practical working knowledge of agile development methodology.
- Expertise in collaborating with other designers, developers and advisors.
- Advanced level user of common design software (Figma, Adobe, Framer, Invision, Principle).
- First-class verbal and written communication skills with the ability to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale in a comprehensive and understandable manner verbally, written and visually.
- Be a futurice ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
- Interest in participating in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
- Experience with AI, robotics or other emerging technologies (AR, VR, IoT ...).
- Experience in product design (physical) or physical spaces/architecture.
- Animation or motion design.
- Qualitative and quantitative user research.
- City planning / Future cities.
- Fluent in German is a big plus.
One Nice-to-have would be excellent. Two would blow our minds. Three may bring us to tears. Your superpower is not on the list? Surprise and convince us!
We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice. Besides our people and our culture that has been awarded internationally, we have even more multiple benefits for you
- Flexible working hours
some are night owls, other early birds! No one is equally productive 9 to 5 and we are fine with it!
- Load your batteries
you will have 30 paid vacation days!
- We consider individual needs
Choose the way you work best by selecting your own devices and tools.
- Remote work
You can work from anywhere for up to four weeks each year.
- Personal IT budget
which allows you to regularly update your work equipment
- Ultimate learning platform
continuous learning is one of our core values, therefore you will be offered various learning opportunities in your daily work as well as internal learning events, training and meet-ups to share and enlarge your knowledge
- Company pension scheme
you have the possibility to participate in a direct insurance company pension plan
- Sports benefit
We want our Futuemployees to stay fit and healthy! Therefore Futurice sponsors your personal membership at Urban sports with a certain amount of the monthly costs.
- Social responsibility program
where you can give back to the community and receive sponsorship from Futurice for doing open-source projects in your free time.
- Agile working environment
short decision paths and low hierarchies
- Regular feedback culture & retrospectives
we support you, to become a better version of yourself!
And last but not least - our Futurice specialities!
work in another office for a week
access to 3D printers, VR & AR gear and other cool emerging tech gadgets
as a new joiner you will get supported by an assigned colleague to guide you through your onboarding process and first weeks at Futurice!
Your salary is attached to our transparent career path model. Once we have gotten to know you better, we are making an individual career-level-assessment, based on your skills, responsibilities and impact.
Additionally, you are eligible to receive a company-wide bonus and several other benefits not listed above.
Please share a few lines about yourself, your up-to-date CV, and your portfolio. A strong portfolio is a crucial accompaniment to your application, including several examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking, reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
We would love to hear from you!
Come as you are
As an ultimate learning platform that empowers people to become a better version of themselves, we believe that diversity and inclusion are important to our company's success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, medical condition, or other non-merit factors - we care for each other!
Want to know more about this?
Irina Sirakova-Brumbarov, Talent Acquisition Manager, Munich/Stuttgart
We are a team of 650 professionals with more than 46 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.