Senior Service Designer (m/f/x)
Join us in Stuttgart
At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. Take the opportunity to influence how our clients design and implement their future products and services, and set new standards for what can be achieved with the intelligent application and design thinking.
As a service designer, you will help the world's leading businesses to develop compelling and well-thought out design solutions as a hands-on practitioner and coach.
Above all, designers need to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real value.
Does this sound like you?
- Fluent in German and English.
- A strategic and creative thinker, able to inspire team members and clients with compelling, well-thought out design solutions.
- High level of expertise in planning and conducting customer research and collaborative workshop activities that help shape and define consumer-facing experiences.
- Proficient in synthesising quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources to identify opportunities and recommend design directions.
- Expertise in tackling and solving complex business challenges.
- Ensure the work is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for.
- Manage design research relationships with partners and clients.
- Evolve and innovate the Service Design and Design Research practice, pulling in state-of-the-art methods from external and internal expertise.
- First-class visual and verbal storyteller with strong analytical skills. Able to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale in a comprehensive and understandable manner verbally, written and visually
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practice, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Expertise in collaborating with other designers, developers and advisors.
- Be a Futurice ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
Minimum requirements as a Senior Service Designer—
- Minimum five years of experience working in the field.
- Ability to lead projects with multiple designers.
- Demonstrate experience in coaching and growing designers to unleash their full potential.
As a bonus, you might have—
- Background in psychology, sociology or ethnography.
- Experience in strategic foresight or trend analysis.
- Experience in brand identity and brand strategy.
- Experience in digital Marketing or marketing strategy.
- Experience in change management, operational improvement and metrics consulting.
A strong portfolio is a crucial accompaniment to your application, including several examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking, reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
Here’s what Futurice boils down to—
— We offer you a great workplace with awesome colleagues, interesting projects, the possibility of working at Futurice offices abroad, excellent tools and benefits, a social responsibility program to take pride in, and great possibilities for continuous learning and professional growth. We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice.
— We are human first. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow through collaboration.
—Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours.
If you feel like you've just been described above, we would love to get your application!
Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and what you can bring to the Futurice design team.
Want to know more about this?
Katharina Stelzer, HR Generalist
In our multicultural and family-like office in Stuttgart we support you with high class development and user-centric innovational ideas. Curious by nature and with a deep understanding of our customers and their business we focus on making a real impact – together with you. Come by our office and feel our unique culture based on important values like trust, transparency and caring for each other. Located in the heart of Stuttgart we will help you imagine and design a new future and bring it to life.