Senior Service Designer (m/f/x)
At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. Take the opportunity to influence how our clients design and implement their future products and services, and set new standards for what can be achieved with the intelligent application and design thinking.
As a service designer, you will help the world's leading businesses to develop compelling and well-thought out design solutions as a hands-on practitioner and coach.
Above all, designers need to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real value.
Does this sound like you?
- Fluent in English.
- A strategic and creative thinker, able to inspire team members and clients with compelling, well-thought out design solutions.
- High level of expertise in planning and conducting customer research and collaborative workshop activities that help shape and define consumer-facing experiences.
- Proficient in synthesising quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources to identify opportunities and recommend design directions.
- Expertise in tackling and solving complex business challenges.
- Ensure the work is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for.
- Manage design research relationships with partners and clients.
- Evolve and innovate the Service Design and Design Research practice, pulling in state-of-the-art methods from external and internal expertise.
- First-class visual and verbal storyteller with strong analytical skills. Able to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale in a comprehensive and understandable manner verbally, written and visually
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practice, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Expertise in collaborating with other designers, developers and advisors.
- Be a Futurice ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
Minimum requirements as a Senior Service Designer—
- Minimum five years of experience working in the field.
- Ability to lead projects with multiple designers.
- Demonstrate experience in coaching and growing designers to unleash their full potential.
As a bonus, you might have—
- Background in psychology, sociology or ethnography.
- Experience in strategic foresight or trend analysis.
- Experience in brand identity and brand strategy.
- Experience in digital Marketing or marketing strategy.
- Experience in change management, operational improvement and metrics consulting.
A strong portfolio is a crucial accompaniment to your application, including several examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking, reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice. Besides our people and our culture that has been awarded internationally, we have even more multiple benefits for you
- Flexible working hours
some are night owls, other early birds! No one is equally productive 9 to 5 and we are fine with it!
- Load your batteries
you will have 30 paid vacation days!
- We consider individual needs
Choose the way you work best by selecting your own devices and tools.
- Remote work
You can work from anywhere for up to four weeks each year.
- Personal IT budget
which allows you to regularly update your work equipment
- Ultimate learning platform
continuous learning is one of our core values, therefore you will be offered various learning opportunities in your daily work as well as internal learning events, training and meet-ups to share and enlarge your knowledge
- Sports benefit
We want our Futu-employees to stay fit and healthy! Therefore Futurice sponsors your personal membership or training of choice for up to 5000 SEK/year.
- Social responsibility program
where you can give back to the community and receive sponsorship from Futurice for doing open-source projects in your free time.
- Agile working environment
short decision paths and low hierarchies
- Regular feedback culture & retrospectives
we support you, to become a better version of yourself!
And last but not least - our Futurice specialities!
work in another office for a week
as a new joiner you will get supported by an assigned colleague to guide you through your onboarding process and first weeks at Futurice!
Your salary is attached to our transparent career path model. Once we have gotten to know you better, we are making an individual career-level-assessment, based on your skills, responsibilities and impact.
Additionally, you are eligible to receive a company-wide bonus and several other benefits not listed above.
We would love to hear from you! Please share a few lines about yourself, your up-to-date CV, and your portfolio. A strong portfolio is a crucial accompaniment to your application, including several examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking, reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
Come as you are
As an ultimate learning platform that empowers people to become a better version of themselves, we believe that diversity and inclusion are important to our company's success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. We welcome applications from everyone and we care for each other!
Want to know more about this?
Cecilia Lövström, Head of Operations, Stockholm
We are a team of 650 professionals with more than 46 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.