Senior Service Designer
Are you looking for the next chapter in your career journey? You’ve come to the right place. We are always happy to hear from people who love learning and have their heart in the right place. Welcome home.
We’re looking for a Senior Service Designer to join our team at Futurice UK, London (remote), you’ll join our highly collaborative, cross-functional product teams, working closely with clients and users to co-create intuitive, impactful and accessible digital service solutions. As a service designer at Futurice UK, you’ll help clients to create compelling and differentiated services as a hands-on practitioner and coach. We’re looking for designers who share our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
We’re a team of designers and software engineers working hard to create a progressive environment, culture and capability in the UK market. We’re working with some highly respected brands who value our ability to bring together design and engineering and get things to market quickly, while building their capabilities in tandem. Currently we run all of our client and team sessions remotely, but in future, we will expect all employees to be available to work on client sites if required and be within reach of London for regular full team sessions.
Does this sound like you?
- Are able to inspire team members and clients with compelling, well-thought-out digital service solutions.
- Ground your work in deep, contextual research into what matters to the organisations and the users you’re designing for.
- Have strong analytical skills with a high level of experience in planning, executing, and synthesising both quantitative and qualitative research, and feeding this into design direction.
- Are able to articulate concepts, ideas and rationale in a clear and compelling way to colleagues, and clients alike.
- Have an understanding of supporting systems and organisational structures.
- Are comfortable designing new digital and physical services from scratch.
- Drive and develop our service design methodologies and toolkits.
- Participate in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications and so on.
- Are able to coach and build an organisation’s capabilities, particularly with the basics of human-centred research and design.
Some of the things we expect to see
- Five years’ experience working in a service design or similar role.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment.
- High level of experience in planning, conducting, and synthesising user research.
- High level of experience in planning, conducting, and synthesising client workshops and co-creation sessions in multi-stakeholder environments.
- Experience creating detailed, and scalable user journeys and service blueprints.
- Consulting or agency experience, working collaboratively with client teams.
As a bonus, you might have:
- A degree in design, anthropology, or related field.
- Experience in strategic foresight or trend analysis.
- Experience in digital marketing or marketing strategy.
- Experience in change management, operational improvement or metrics consulting.
- Experience in the physical world running service safaris or pilot service trials.
- A portfolio which includes case studies in: mobility, energy or sustainability.
- Clear visual communication skills.
What we care about
How we work
We’re a team of collaborators and always aim to encourage each other to get out of our comfort zone, experiment, reflect and learn together.
We are human first. Mutual respect and trust is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a work culture with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours and locations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of holidays + plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday too
- Long service annual leave of an additional day per year after three years’ unbroken service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- A monthly wellbeing budget of £50
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 10-weeks maternity full pay and 3- weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Learning budget of £1200 per year for self initiated learning, books and training courses
- Regular company get-togethers and a weekly lunch and share
- Team trips and group activities (when we can get together in person)
Don’t worry about whether you’re a 100% fit! Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you’ve worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and why you want to join us!
More about our process
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would like to work at Futurice UK to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to see a portfolio you’re proud of. We’d expect you to show us examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking. And to tell us how they reflect your comprehensive understanding of the design process.
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely: - 30min video/telephone introductory call with our Talent team - 1hr interview with 2 people, a developer and a designer - 1hr interview with 2 directors
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Futurice, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. We will offer interviews at times that suit your schedule and circumstances. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible and convenient for you.
We are a team of 650 professionals with more than 46 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.