Senior Service Designer
Join us in London
Join us for the opportunity to influence how our clients design and implement their future products and services. Help us set new standards for what can be achieved with the intelligent application of design thinking. As a service designer at Futurice you will support clients to create compelling and differentiated services as a hands-on practitioner and coach. Our designers must share our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real value.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re able to inspire team members and clients with compelling, well-thought out design solutions.
- You ground your work in deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the organisations and the people you’re designing for.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of experience in synthesising quantitative and qualitative data, and feeding this into design direction.
- Ability to articulate concepts, ideas and rationale in a clear and compelling way to colleagues, and clients alike.
- An understanding of supporting systems and organisational structures.
- Comfortable designing new services from scratch
- Help to drive and develop our service design methodologies and toolkit
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications and so on.
- Able to coach and build an organisation’s capabilities, particularly with the basics of design with a human-centred approach.
Minimum requirements as a Senior Service Designer—
- Five years’ experience working in a service design or similar role.
- Experience of agile product development and working in a lean and agile environment, as part of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to produce wireframes and prototypes for user testing.
- High level of experience in planning and conducting user research.
- High level of experience in planning and conducting collaborative workshops and co-creation sessions in multi-stakeholder environments.
- Experience creating detailed, and scalable user journeys and service blueprints.
As a bonus, you might have—
- Background in psychology, sociology or ethnography.
- Experience in strategic foresight or trend analysis.
- Experience in brand identity and brand strategy.
- Experience in digital Marketing or marketing strategy.
- Experience in change management, operational improvement and metrics consulting.
We’d love to see a portfolio you’re proud of. We’d expect you to show us examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking. And to tell us how they reflect your comprehensive understanding of the design process.
Here’s what Futurice boils down to—
— We offer you a great workplace with a close-knit team of awesome colleagues, interesting projects and great possibilities for continuous learning and professional growth. We are proud of our lean, flat organization and distinctive organizational culture – one that has been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice.
— We are human first. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
—Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours.
If you feel like you've just been described above, we would love to get your application!
Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and what you can bring to the Futurice design team.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re a team of designers and software engineers working hard to create a progressive environment, culture and capability in the UK market. Based in the lively area of Hatton Garden, we’re working with some highly respected brands who value our ability to bring together design and engineering and get things to market quickly, while building their capabilities in tandem.