Senior Product Designer
Are you looking for the next chapter in your career journey? You’ve come to the right place. We are always happy to hear from people who love learning and have their heart in the right place. Welcome home.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team at Futurice UK. Work with our highly collaborative, cross-functional product teams, engaging closely with clients and users to co-create intuitive, impactful and accessible design solutions. We’re looking for someone who shares our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
We’re a team of designers and software engineers working hard to create a progressive environment, culture and capability in the UK market. We’re working with some highly respected brands who value our ability to bring together design and engineering and get things to market quickly, while building their capabilities in tandem. We’re a remote-first team, but run regular in person team sessions and on occasion all employees should be available to work on client sites if required.
As a Senior Product Designer you care deeply about collaborating with a cross-functional team and enjoy sharing your skills and knowledge with other team members to help upskill them. You passionately advocate for a human-centred approach, putting the needs of real users at the centre of your thought process, and using insights and data to guide your decision making. You help contribute to a culture of continuous learning and sharing by giving your own opinions and seeking out the perspectives of others.
What you are responsible for?
- Using your design skills to create solutions that are intuitive, visually engaging, and aligned to user needs, business and market strategy, and technical considerations.
- Working closely with client teams and users to co-create impactful design solutions.
- Supporting insight gathering activities such as user testing, interviews, and secondary research.
- You’re comfortable rapidly ideating multiple design solutions, through sketching, wireframing, user flows and interactive prototyping to clearly communicate design concepts.
- Articulating concepts, ideas and rationale in a clear and compelling way to colleagues, and clients alike.
- Maintaining robust, scalable design systems that both developers and designers love to use.
- You might not be able to write code, but you know the lingo and understand the limitations of front-end development.
Some of the things we expect to see
- Experience working in a UX, Product Design or similar role.
- Experience of agile product development and working in a lean and agile environment, as part of cross-functional teams.
- Expertise using modern prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Invision, to create low to high fidelity interactive prototypes for responsive web and mobile applications.
- Experience using Miro to share project assets and host remote workshops.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Experience following, adapting and interpreting brand guidelines for digital products.
- You’ve supported research activities such as user interviews and usability testing.
- A portfolio showcasing your recent UX and UI design work.
- Ambitious self-starter and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, collaborative culture built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
- Comfortable presenting ongoing design work at various stages of completion, with a clear rationale, to team members and stakeholders of all levels.
- Actively seek critique on your design work, and enjoy participating in an open, collaborative culture.
- Experience working closely with development teams end-to-end on projects, from discovery to launch.
- Consulting or agency experience, working collaboratively with client teams.
- Eager to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people, mostly in small, cross-functional teams.
What we care about
How we work
We’re a team of collaborators and always aim to encourage each other to get out of our comfort zone, experiment, reflect and learn together.
We are human first. Mutual respect and trust is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a work culture with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours and locations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of holidays + plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday too
- Long service annual leave of an additional day per year after three years’ unbroken service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- A monthly wellbeing budget of £50
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 10-weeks maternity full pay and 3- weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Learning budget of £1200 per year for self initiated learning, books and training courses
- Regular company get-togethers and a weekly lunch and share
- Team trips and group activities (when we can get together in person)
Don’t worry about whether you’re a 100% fit! Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you’ve worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and why you want to join us!
More about our process
If you'd like to apply, follow this link to our application portal.
We’d love to see a portfolio you’re proud of. We’d expect you to show us examples of successfully launched products, services and results that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking. And to tell us how they reflect your comprehensive understanding of the design process.
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely: - 30min video/telephone introductory call with our Talent team - 1hr interview and portfolio review with 2 people, a developer and a designer - 1hr interview with 2 directors
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Futurice, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. We will offer interviews at times that suit your schedule and circumstances. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible and convenient for you.
We are a team of 650 professionals with more than 46 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.