Senior Product Designer
Are you looking for the next chapter in your career journey? You’ve come to the right place. We are always happy to hear from people who love learning and have their heart in the right place. Welcome home.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our team at Futurice UK, you’ll join our highly collaborative, cross-functional product teams, working closely with clients and users to co-create intuitive, impactful and accessible design solutions. We’re looking for someone who shares our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
As a Lead Product Designer you care deeply about collaborating with a cross-functional team and enjoy sharing your skills and knowledge with other team members to help upskill them. You passionately advocate for a human-centred approach, putting the needs of real users at the centre of your thought process, and using insights and data to guide your decision making. You help contribute to a culture of continuous learning and sharing by giving your own opinions and seeking out the perspectives of others.
What you are responsible for?
- Leading cross-functional product teams end-to-end, from discovery through to delivery of digital products.
- Planning and supporting insight gathering activities such as user testing, interviews, and secondary research.
- Using your design skills to thoroughly explore a problem space before synthesising insights to create solutions that are intuitive, visually engaging, and aligned to user needs, business and market strategy, and technical considerations.
- Working closely with client teams and users to co-create impactful design solutions.
- You’re comfortable rapidly ideating multiple design solutions, through sketching, wireframing, user flows and interactive prototyping to clearly communicate design concepts.
- Articulating concepts, ideas and rationale in a clear and compelling way to colleagues, and clients alike.
- Co-creating and maintaining robust, scalable design systems, and able to clearly communicate their underlying methodologies and value to clients and colleagues alike.
- You might not be able to write code, but you’ve spent a lot of time working with engineering teams and know how to speak the lingo and understand the limitations of front-end development.
- Mentor and coach more junior team members, in a cross-functional setting, and help to upskill them.
Some of the things we expect to see
- Experience working at a senior level in a UX, Product Design or similar role.
- Experience of agile product development and working in a lean and agile environment, as part of cross-functional teams.
- Expertise using modern prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Invision, to create low to high fidelity interactive prototypes for responsive web and mobile applications.
- Experience using Miro to share project assets and host remote workshops.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Experience providing design direction and guidance to help more junior team members to produce their best work.
- Experience following, adapting and interpreting brand guidelines for digital products.
- Ability to estimate and scope work for yourself and other team members.
- A portfolio showcasing your recent UX and UI design work.
- Comfortable presenting ongoing design work at various stages of completion, with a clear rationale, to team members and stakeholders of all levels.
- Able to effectively influence and advise business, design and technical stakeholders on the client-side
- Consulting or agency experience, working collaboratively with client teams
- Experience working closely with development teams end-to-end on projects, from discovery to launch, to ensure efficient and consistent ways of working.
- You enjoy collaborating with developers and product owners to innovate and devise great solutions that meet user needs
- Familiar with Agile, Waterfall and other delivery methodologies
- You enjoy leading and mentoring other designers
- You can help teams to focus on project goals to reach the best delivery outcome
- Experience bringing stakeholders and colleagues together to work as a single team
What we care about
We are human first. Mutual respect and trust is essential, as is curiosity, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a low hierarchy work culture built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
How we work
We’re a talented team of designers, strategists, and software engineers working hard to create a progressive environment, culture, and set of capabilities. In the UK we operate a remote-first setup, centered on London, with regular days spent working together IRL as a full team. We take pride in our craft and a commitment to a people-first, one-team mentality.
Not a morning person? Need to pick the kids up from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated, impactful work and offer flexible working hours and locations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of holidays + 1 extra for your birthday
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 16 weeks maternity full pay and 3 weeks partner full pay (dependent on your tenure)
- Time and budget for personal development
- Company credit card
- Team get-togethers and a weekly lunch and share
- Team trips and group activities
- A monthly personal wellness budget
- Cycle to work scheme
Don’t worry about whether you’re a 100% fit! Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you’ve worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and why you want to join us!
More about our process
If you'd like to apply, follow this link to our application portal.
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely:
- 30min video/telephone introductory call with our Talent team
- 1hr interview and portfolio review with 2 people, a developer and a designer
- 1hr interview with 2 directors
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Futurice, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. We will offer interviews at times that suit your schedule and circumstances. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible and convenient for you.
We are Futurice
We're a team of 800 professionals with more than 50 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.