Are you looking for the next chapter in your career journey? You’ve come to the right place. We are always happy to hear from people who love learning and have their heart in the right place. Welcome home.
We’re looking for a Strategist to join our team at Futurice UK, you’ll join our highly collaborative, cross-functional teams, working closely with clients to help them understand the opportunities and challenges that digital presents for their business.. We’re looking for someone who shares our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
We’re a team of strategists, designers, software engineers working hard to create a progressive environment, culture and capability in the UK market. We’re working with some highly respected brands who value our ability to bring together design and engineering and get things to market quickly, while building their capabilities in tandem. Currently we run all of our client and team sessions remotely, but in future, we will expect all employees to be available to work on client sites if required and be within reach of London for regular full team sessions.
What you are likely to be involved in
- Applying strategy development methods as well as future foresight to help clients create compelling and robust visions for the future supported by research and insight from the market and the clients own values and capabilities.
- Working with clients to help them consider how to transition to more digital ways of working - considering business model, operating model, governance and ways of working implications.
- Developing and executing transformation programmes including programme leadership, business change, stakeholder management and engagement.
- Supporting the shaping of the strategic thinking behind the digital products and services that we design and develop with clients.
- Working alongside practice teams to bridge vision and strategy into product through the use of various design methodologies and tools.
- Planning, leading and follow-up the outcomes from client co-creation and collaboration workshops.
- Developing digital strategy methods, approaches, propositions and points of view working closely with teams across the wider Futurice group.
- Workinging with clients to develop propositions, guide clients towards successful outcomes and supporting implementation through agile delivery.
- Nurturing successful commercial relationships that demonstrate value and impact for both the client and Futurice.
- Working with internal and client delivery teams to ensure product delivery aligns with the client vision and strategy.
- Bringing market intelligence to ensure that Futurice is well positioned to deliver against industry needs.
- Ensuring clients understand the value of Futurice’s work and help collaboration between them and the wider team; identifying risks and mitigating as appropriate
- Helping the team identify commercial opportunities within projects and support them in developing a commercial mindset.
What we would like to see
Strategic Thinking and Doing
- Strategic mindset. You can confidently map out a client ecosystem and identify how to achieve long term impact across an organisation.
- Ability to formulate strategy in context, considering the client's current reality as well as market now and potential future.
- Practical strategy formulation. Successful strategy is implementable, we want someone who can help formulate a strategy, considering how it will actually be actioned and then create and help execute on it.
- Ability to combine various strategy methods to create an approach which is right for the client, based on where they are in their journey.
- Diligence with numbers. You are detailed around finances to ensure work is priced properly and operates from a place of commercial safety.
- Handle complexity. You’re comfortable working with matrix organisations on a transformation journey as well as fuzzy problem areas.
- Client services background. You’ve worked successfully in the agency/consultancy environment for some time.
A coaching mindset
- You have worked with smart, independent people in the past and enjoy coaching and supporting them to help the team achieve great results.
- You have an interest in the transformative possibilities of digital projects and enjoy working with people to bring out the best in them and unlock achievements.
- You can communicate clearly including an ability to explain technical concepts to people with diverse backgrounds in a way that is meaningful to them.
- You enjoy working closely with clients as a way to ensure project success.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams that include clients, designers, developers and user researchers.
- Empathy for different disciplines, backgrounds and perspectives. You are able to navigate teams through challenging phases of team formation and product delivery.
Attitude and preferences
- Natural ability to problem solve and overcome challenges. You are able to remain calm under pressure.
- You like the idea of a flat hierarchy and enjoy facilitating and organising sessions to promote collaboration.
- You are comfortable taking the initiative and working with ambiguity.
- A keen interest in and familiar with how software is built and delivered, including knowing when things are technically easy or difficult.
- A deep understanding of the implications of digital for organisations both at a technical level and a cultural one.
What we care about
How we work
We’re a team of collaborators and always aim to encourage each other to get out of our comfort zone, experiment, reflect and learn together.
We are human first. Mutual respect and trust is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a work culture with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours and locations.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of holidays + plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday too
- Long service annual leave of an additional day per year after three years’ unbroken service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- A monthly wellbeing budget of £50
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 10-weeks maternity full pay and 3- weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Learning budget of £1200 per year for self initiated learning, books and training courses
- Regular company get-togethers and a weekly lunch and share
- Team trips and group activities (when we can get together in person)
Don’t worry about whether you’re a 100% fit! Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you’ve worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and why you want to join us!
More about our process
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would like to work at Futurice UK to email@example.com
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely: - 30min video/telephone introductory call with our Talent team - 1hr interview with 2 people, a strategy principal and one other team member - 1hr interview with 2 directors
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Futurice, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. We will offer interviews at times that suit your schedule and circumstances. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible and convenient for you.
We are a team of 650 professionals with more than 46 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.