Senior Data Engineer
Join us in Tampere!
Looking for the next adventure in your career? You are in the right place! We are always happy to get to know people who love learning and have their heart in the right place.
Ready to join our team? You can soon find something like this from your table:
As a Senior Data Engineer you truly get a deep-dive into a client's data. In this role you typically design, build, automate and operate data platforms and data pipelines. Sometimes the domain is foreign to you, but still it’s crucial to recognize how to interact with different types of data and people. Regarding operation, we would rather automate infrastructure, monitoring and recovery routines than solve incidents manually – and we hope you feel the same. The work of the Data Engineer is crucially important to the other team members such as data scientists, software developers, designers and of course eventually also clients and their end-users. All the work we do is about helping and guiding our clients with a true consultant mindset.
Here are some practical things that would definitely help succeeding in this job
- A skillset that enables you to work independently with data ingestion, transformation, data modeling and data governance.
- An extensive experience on at least one of the big three cloud platforms: Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform. This is important because most of our projects are built in the cloud.
- As clients increasingly expect scalable, reliable, secure and cost-effective solutions, demonstrable experience and familiarity with modern cloud-based technologies related to data engineering, data warehousing or ETL/ELT tools are important for the job.
- Experience on working with both relational databases as well as no-SQL databases.
- Iterative development, CI/CD pipelines, and version control are very much a part of feasible data engineering practices, so we greatly value experience in software development and agile methods.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages typically used in data engineering projects, for example Python or Java.
- Appreciating and practicing good communication. You are fluent at least in Finnish or English.
- At the end of the day, the technology is but a means to an end, and your willingness to learn new things is what counts.
We offer you the Ultimate Learning Platform
With us you get the opportunity to work with the most motivated and multi talented forces in development, design and strategy. As an agency, we have a versatile portfolio of projects and we solve different kinds of problems that require different kinds of tools – for you this means the chance of a lifetime to follow your learning goals and broaden your skill set. You will be inspired and supported throughout your journey as our aspiration is to be the Ultimate Learning Platform for your career. We are a people-first-company and believe that at the end of the day happy people are the key to great software and happy clients. See our promise to you here.
If you get good vibes after reading this, we would love to hear from you!
Please click “apply” to show your interest and tell us a bit about your career background and why you are motivated to become part of the Futu family.
Want to know more about this?
Ville Keski-Nikkola, Talent Acquisition, Code Witcher, Tampere
+358 40 036 8026
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.