Senior Data Engineer
Are you looking for the next chapter in your career journey? You’ve come to the right place. We are always happy to hear from people who love learning and have their heart in the right place. Welcome home.
As a Data Engineer you get a deep-dive into clients’ data!
We hope you are ready to get your hands dirty with designing, building, automating and operating data platforms and data pipelines. It’s all about putting your mind into automating infrastructure, monitoring and recovery routines. Overall, the key is being curious, solving problems and recognising how to interact with different types of data and people. All the work we do is about helping and guiding our clients, so having a true consultant mindset and interest in supporting sales is what we value dearly.
In our work as consultants we give high fives to agile ways of working and the importance of transparency and trust in teamwork. As a Data Engineer you have talented professionals around you such as data scientists, software developers, designers and of course our clients and their end-users. You will work with a variety of projects, domains and business cases; Lately, we have been working with data architecture of a media company, building a real-time chat spam detector for a gaming company, and making data more accessible on a governmental organization.
Here are some practical things we’d love to see in your back pocket
- Experience on data stack on AWS (e.g. RedShift, Glue, Athena) or on Azure (e.g. Data Factory, Synapse, Databricks)
- Strong know-how on building, deploying and orchestrating data infrastructure (e.g. serverless computation, Sagemaker, CI tools, Terraform, or similar tools). You have a dev-ops oriented mindset.
- An excellent understanding of databases. Relational databases are most often used, but many projects also employ document databases, key-value stores, and related technologies.
- Practical software experience from a variety of projects. Python or Java experience is on top of our list right now, but other languages are definitely considered as a plus too!
- Appreciation for a good communication with both the team and the clients. You are fluent at least in English and hopefully also in Finnish.
We offer you the Ultimate Learning Platform
With us you get the opportunity to work with the most motivated and multi talented forces in development, design and strategy. As an agency, we have a versatile portfolio of projects and we solve different kinds of problems that require different kinds of tools – for you this means the chance of a lifetime to follow your learning goals and broaden your skill set. You will be inspired and supported throughout your journey as our aspiration is to be the Ultimate Learning Platform for your career. We are a people-first-company and believe that at the end of the day happy people are the key to great software and happy clients.
If you get good vibes after reading this, we would love to hear from you!
Please click “apply” to show your interest and tell us a bit about your career background and why you are motivated to become part of the Futu family. Any questions in mind before doing so? Our colleagues Antti & Aleksi are happy to have a chat with you:
Antti Ajanki, our lead data scientist, tel. 040 717 2187
Aleksi Roima, Data Architect & Senior Data Engineer, tel. 0400 723070
Why join Futurice?
We are very proud of our culture and our lean, flat company structure. It’s not by accident that we’ve been selected as the best place to work in Europe twice. We have four core values, which are also our promises to you as a new employee.
We care about the problems we solve and about each other as human beings. We hire people who intuitively and by default help each other out. It’s a virtuous cycle that creates happy teams and happy clients.
At Futurice, trust doesn’t need to be earned, it’s given. This means that if you think something makes sense, you can go ahead and do it.
We want to help every Futurician get better at their craft every day. This happens through project-work, training and guided self-learning.
We believe in being open about pretty much everything. No matter your career level, you can get involved in and informed about any topic company-wide.
Besides our overall cultural and organisational model, here are some specific Futurice perks:
- Flexible working hours
- Some are night owls, others early birds – you can work whenever you’re most productive. Also, part-time work (e.g. 80%) is possible.
- Futurice Hybrid Work Model
- Personal IT budget
- Free choice of laptop, phone, tablet, headphones and other work-gear
- Sports benefit
- Futurice clubs for freetime activities
- Learning events
- Certification programs
- Social responsibility program
- You can give back to the community and receive sponsorship from Futurice for doing open-source projects in your free time.
- FutuHike: Work in another office for a week
Want to know more about this?
Antti Ajanki, Lead Data Scientist
We are a team of 650 professionals with more than 46 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.