Midweight Product Designer
Join us in London!
Looking for the next adventure in your career? You are in the right place! We are always happy to get to know people who love learning and have their heart in the right place.
We’re looking for Midweight Product Designers to join our team at Futurice UK, you’ll join our highly collaborative, cross-functional product teams, working closely with clients and users to co-create intuitive, impactful and accessible design solutions. We’re looking for someone who shares our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
We’re a team of designers and software engineers working hard to create a progressive environment, culture and capability in the UK market. We’re working with some highly respected brands who value our ability to bring together design and engineering and get things to market quickly, while building their capabilities in tandem. Currently we run all of our client and team sessions remotely, but in future, we will expect all employees to be available to work on client sites if required and be within reach of London for regular full team sessions.Does this sound like you?
- You can use your design skills to create solutions that are intuitive, visually engaging, and aligned to user needs, business and market strategy, and technical considerations.
- You’re comfortable rapidly ideating multiple design solutions, through sketching, wireframing, user flows and interactive prototyping to clearly communicate design concepts.
- Ability to articulate concepts, ideas and rationale in a clear and compelling way to colleagues, and clients alike.
- You can create and maintain robust, scalable design systems.
- You might not be able to write code, but you know the lingo and understand the limitations of front-end development.
- You’re comfortable supporting insight gathering activities such as user testing, and interviews.
- 4 years’ experience working in a UX/UI design or similar role.
- Experience of agile product development and working in a lean and agile environment, as part of cross-functional teams.
- Expertise using modern prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Invision, to create low to high fidelity interactive prototypes for responsive web and mobile applications.
- Experience using Miro to share project assets and host remote workshops.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Comfortable presenting ongoing design work at various stages of completion, with a clear rationale, to team members and stakeholders of all levels.
- Actively seek critique on your design work, and enjoy participating in an open, collaborative culture.
- Experience working closely with development teams end-to-end on projects, from discovery to launch.
- Experience following, adapting and interpreting brand guidelines for digital products.
- Consulting or agency experience, working collaboratively with client teams.
- A portfolio showcasing your recent UX and UI design work.
- Experience writing CSS and HTML
- Ability to create iconography, illustrations and infographics using tools such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience creating animations and interaction examples using tools such as Adobe After Effects and Lottie Files.
- A portfolio which includes mobility products and services
- Visual Design skills
How we work
We’re a team of collaborators and always aim to encourage each other to get out of our comfort zone, experiment, reflect and learn together
We are human first. Mutual respect and trust is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a work culture with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours and locations.What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 5%
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of holidays
A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 10-weeks maternity full pay and 3- weeks partner full pay(dependant on your tenure)
- Time and budget for personal development
- Company credit card
- Team get-togethers and a weekly lunch and share
- Weekly company updates and social events (all remote)
- Team trips and group activities (when we can get together in person)
Don’t worry about whether you’re a 100% fit! Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you’ve worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and why you want to join us!More about our process
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would like to work at Futurice UK to firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely:
- 30min video/telephone introductory call
- 1hr interview with 2 people, a developer and a designer
- 1hr interview with 2 directors
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Futurice, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. We will offer interviews at times that suit your schedule and circumstances. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible and convenient for you.
Additional information: Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship. You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.