Mid Level Full-stack Developer
Join us in London!
As a mid level full-stack developer at Futurice, you will help the world's leading businesses develop compelling and well-thought-out digital solutions while working together with some of the most skilled people in tech, design and business you're likely to find.
- Solid understanding of funtional programming
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Ability to articulate technical concepts to technical as well as non-technical audience
- Collaborative by nature
- Experience with at least one modern programming framework, e.g. ReactJS
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Data structures, algorithms
- Analytical thinking
- Interest or experience in UI/UX design
- Cloud computing or DevOps skills
- Agile experience, perhaps even as a Scrum Master
- Experience in creating solution proposals for clients
- Willingness to learn and work on a completely different platform (e.g. mobile) when the opportunity arises
- Desire and skills to coach and mentor other developers
- Loves open source and likes to contribute
One or two nice-to-haves would be excellent. Three would blow our minds. Your thing not on the list? We're all about trying new stuff. Drive what you're passionate about. It's the sort of thing you'll have a lot of leeway to do. Above all, developers need to share an excitement about innovative and beautifully crafted digital experiences that positively impact people's lives and deliver real value.What we can offer you
- Great workplace with awesome colleagues
- Excellent tools, including a work laptop
- Time and budget for continuous learning
- Private health insurance
- Company credit card
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Team trips, group activities (when Covid is over with)
Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot offer visa or relocation sponsorship, and you must have the right to work in the UK.
Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Which means we believe in flexible working hours. Whilst lockdown and other Covid restrictions are in place, we are working fully remote. Like everyone else, we’re not sure when this might change, but in future, we will expect all employees to be available to work on client sites if required and be within reach of London for regular full team sessions.Our recruitment process
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely:
- 30min video/telephone introductory call
- 1hr interview with 2 people, a developer and a designer
- Coding activity - we’ll send you more information closer to the time
- 1hr interview with 2 directors
Let us know who you are and your preferred pronouns, where you are heading, what you can bring to the Futurice team, and what your notice period is. We are committed to building an inclusive company, and encourage candidates of all backgrounds and identities to apply. We will offer interviews at times that suit your schedule and circumstances. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible and convenient for you.
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.