Join us in Tampere
Do you really love your life in Tampere, but wouldn’t mind adding a bit more international flavor to your everyday work? Now you have a chance to do this from our office in the heart of Tampere!
We are looking for lead developers who thrive in a flexible environment that encourages continuous learning. Rather than a rigid skillset, we are looking for an experienced technologist who can quickly learn new skills and tools, and adapt as the situation changes. In addition to writing software, we want to offer you a chance to lead projects and teams to create high value products with our clients.
We have some super cool international projects with teams consisting of people from our different sites across Europe. These projects are for our exciting multinational clients, for example automotive companies in Germany or an airline in Northern Europe. Working in these cross-site teams doesn’t mean that you need to travel abroad weekly – rather once a month for a few days (that is, if you want to).
If at some point you start feeling that a longer stint at one of our international offices sounds interesting, there are plenty of opportunities for that too, for example through our expat programmes. During the expat period you can continue growing your core tech competence in one of our more mature office e.g. in Berlin or Munich or if you feel like it, you can try some completely new roles in one of our newly established offices which are more in a start-up mode e.g. in Stuttgart
The winning recipe for digital projects is happy people + happy customers + happy users. We hope you share our belief that great software is best built iteratively, with end-to-end ownership of projects, focus on humans first, and the right set of tools.
What awaits you:
- Developing innovative software solutions and integrating them into our clients’ application landscape.
- Design and implementation of software architecture.
- Leading projects / project team members and development of concepts together with our clients.
- Technical consulting and working closely with our designers and business consultants.
- Creation of proposals and presentation of solutions to the clients.
Does this sound like you?
- You have several years of professional experience in software development, ideally in the development of web-based and mobile software applications.
- You have a strong consultant mindset, and are a customer oriented person, who enjoys helping and guiding clients.
- You have prominent expertise in agile software development and methods (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- You have architecture-level understanding of software design, with experience of implementing multi-layer services.
- You have a fairly good understanding of some Cloud Platform(s), scalability, serverless architectures and understand the benefits/drawbacks of microservices.
- You have experience in designing and implementing modern GraphQL or REST-based APIs.
- You have a good understanding of both relational databases as well as no-SQL databases.
- You have a broad knowledge of tools, frameworks and technologies related to designing, implementing, deploying and hosting software services.
- You are interested in staff management and career development.
- You have strong analytical skills. Your good communication skills enable you to collaborate with motivated people of various skills and backgrounds.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours & support and tools for maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Company support for learning, be it buying books, online courses or travelling to conferences abroad.
- Social responsibility program
where you can give back to the community and receive sponsorship for doing open-source projects on free time.
- FutuLabs: access to self-driving vehicles, 3D printers, VR & AR gear and other cool emerging tech stuff.
- Personal IT budget, allowing you to e.g. regularly update your phone.
- Caring working environment with short decision paths and low hierarchies.
- Work on exciting projects with renowned customers.
- Choose the way you work best, select your own devices, workspace, and tools.
- Want to know more? Please check our promise site!
How does this sound?
If the above sounds like something you can and want to do, and you're a friendly person who is fun to work with, we would love to get your application! Please send it along with your CV and cover letter using the form below.
NOTE: We are currently not able to offer visa sponsorships for Tampere, so unfortunately we can't take applications from outside EU/EEA forward. However, do by all means take a look at our positions in the Helsinki HQ!
Want to know more about this?
Ville Keski-Nikkola, Talent Acquisition, Code Witcher, Tampere
+358 40 036 8026
The Tampere loft office located right in the heart of the national landscape along the Tammerkoski rapids is ideal for organizing different types of tech, business and design events. The site focuses both on local clients at the Tampere area as well as serving a few major clients in Helsinki and international locations. We partner with ambitious B2C and B2B clients in assignments covering all things digital, modern R&D and IoT, but whatever we do, we focus our work on bringing real value to our customers and the end users.