Looking for the next adventure in your career? You are in the right place! We are always happy to get to know people who love learning and have their heart in the right place.
We thought there is no better way to tell about a job than hear it from a potential future colleague
So we asked one of our lead developers their views on their job. Let’s hear what Vincent van der Weele has to say:
“A developer’s job at Futurice is always a bit of a mix between software development and consulting. Not only do we try to build great software together with our clients, we also try to help them get the most out of our projects. We provide the most value when we look beyond the project scope and understand how that project fits in the bigger picture and can help our clients reach their goals.
As a lead developer the focus shifts more towards consulting, although it depends a lot on the project how far exactly. We typically lead by example, for instance by showing how lean principles bring fast results. Of course, the lead developer’s technical experience is important too but the great thing about Futurice is that we are surrounded by brilliant people. All development teams are self-organising and make technical decisions together.”
Here are some practical things that would definitely help succeeding in this job
- Professional experience that covers several years in software development, ideally in the development of large scale web-based and mobile applications and services.
- Strong consultant mindset and a client-oriented way of working. You enjoy helping and guiding clients as well as drafting proposals for their needs.
- Prominent expertise in agile software development methodologies e.g. Scrum, Kanban.
- An architecture-level understanding of software design, with experience in designing and implementing complex services.
- Understanding and hands-on experience in Cloud platforms, scalability, serverless architectures and benefits/drawbacks of microservices.
- Experience in designing and implementing modern GraphQL or REST-based APIs.
- A good understanding of both relational databases as well as no-SQL databases.
- A broad knowledge of tools, frameworks and technologies related to designing, implementing, deploying and hosting software services.
- Interest in team management and career development.
- Appreciating and practicing good communication. You are fluent at least in English.
- At the end of the day, the technology is but a means to an end, and your willingness to learn new things is what counts.
We offer you the Ultimate Learning Platform
With us you get the opportunity to work with the most motivated and multi talented forces in development, design and strategy. As an agency, we have a versatile portfolio of projects and we solve different kinds of problems that require different kinds of tools – for you this means the chance of a lifetime to follow your learning goals and broaden your skill set. You will be inspired and supported throughout your journey as our aspiration is to be the Ultimate Learning Platform for your career. We are a people-first-company and believe that at the end of the day happy people are the key to great software and happy clients.
If you get good vibes after reading this, we would love to hear from you!
Please click “apply” to show your interest and tell us a bit about your career background and why you are motivated to become part of the Futu family.
Want to know more about this?
Cecilia Lövström, Head of Operations, Stockholm
We are a team of 650 professionals with more than 46 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.