Remote developer or data engineer
Join the FutuRemote tech team!
Greetings traveller! Are you looking for the next chapter in your career journey? You’ve come to the right place to travel in great company. We’d love to hear your software adventures in faraway sandboxes with exotic code languages. Perhaps you’ve come to realise that it’s time to head back home, but not to lose your freedom. To work remote, but stay near the action. To set up your very own FutuOutpost. Sounds great! Wherever in Finland you may roam: welcome home.
We offer the keys to your success
Take a peek into our internationally awarded work culture. Working near or far, everyone feels welcome. Here you can see why.
Culture of care
The best thing about working at Futurice is the colleagues. You work with brilliant and talented professionals, all sharing the ambition to build a better digital future. And we take care of our own! Every futurician adds their own flavour to the mix. Each has a unique career journey that brings something special to the culture – starting from over 40 nationalities!
Trust and Transparency
Our culture is built on Nordic roots of trust. Trust is given from day one, and everything is transparent and out in the open (but we do wear clothes to the office). Our software engineers work closely together with designers, analysts, business consultants and customers, all for the common goal. Check out some recent cases.
We want to grow the next generation of digital leaders, so this is the place to be for learning. You will be developing top-notch services in an environment that promotes constant self-improving and sharing ideas with colleagues. You will also receive a competitive compensation package, and plenty of opportunities to hone your skills or learn new ones.
How’s your career journey so far?
We welcome people with a strong programming background, and a strong drive to learn more. You don’t have to be a guru yet, just aiming to grow into one.
• You have a solid understanding of modern software development. Understanding and knowing how to build software in a cloud environment from the actual coding all the way to setting up deployment pipelines, is definitely something that a programmer should know. You don’t have to be a top expert on the subject, but you should know enough to understand the principles well.
• You know at least a few programming languages well. You can create something useful with the languages from scratch. You understand the basic paradigms of the languages and know how to connect your code to databases and other external systems. You know their strengths and the weaknesses, and you know where a certain language is used in the real world.
• You are excited about programming.Motivation is the key! We want people to enjoy their daily work. That's why you should find the practical work exciting. When you have an internal motivation to learn new things, facing even the more difficult situations is not a problem. And most of all, you are a team player.
• You put people who use the services first. This is something particularly important to us. We work with digital services, meaning that we build software for people to use in their everyday lives. It is about understanding who is going to use the software and why.
• You bring something extra to our culture. Our culture defines us. It stands on our shared values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. It is the glue that keeps us together, and makes us stronger by each talent we discover. You should not just fit in, but embrace and enrich our culture.
Ready to start the next chapter?
We offer opportunities for our current and new employees to work remotely from any place in Finland which suits them best. Unfortunately we cannot currently offer opportunities to work remotely abroad, but we can ensure you will join a very international working culture. As a remote-Futurician you can meet your colleagues in several events and camps where you are naturally invited. In the name of continuous improvement we are looking for the best ways to work in hybrid mode and eagerly waiting to also learn from you.
If you see yourself as the next FutuRemote team member, drop us a line! Tell us who you are, where have you been and where are you heading next. Describe what you already know, and what you will learn next. We are looking forward to hear from you!
Want to know more about this?
Jussi Hacklin, Vice President, Helsinki
+358 50 464 1111
Co-create your career with Futurice
Futurice is a new breed of innovation consultancy that has digital values at its core. We inject life into digital solutions by focusing on user experience and interaction. We think by making, and make bythinking. Our work has meaning and makes an impact on society. By helping our clients thrive, we co-create a better future. We are all about people. As an ultimate learning platform that empowers peopleto become a better version of themselves, we believe that diversity and inclusion are important to our companys success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.