Join us in Tampere!
Looking for the next adventure in your career? You are in the right place! We are always happy to get to know people who love learning and have their heart in the right place.
We thought there is no better way to tell about a job than hear it from a potential future colleague
So we asked a couple of our senior full-stack developers their views on their job. Let’s hear what Oskar Ehnström and Carita Niskanen have to say: .
"For us, the daily work as full-stack developers is mostly about solving problems. Some days that means figuring out the most efficient algorithm for a particularly tricky piece of code or reviewing PRs. Often it means asking a lot of questions to figure out what the important problem to solve is and how to solve it in the best possible way for the client. Meetings with the team are often part of the day, and keeping them productive and engaging is everyone's responsibility. Finally, discussing with the client and explaining what we’re doing and making sure our work fits with the rest of the organisation.
In addition to client work we can also participate in developing the company by participating in some internal projects and different workforces. All the internal work is based on a person's own wishes and the ability to develop their own skills. At Futurice people are encouraged to actively take ownership of the company and that way you can really get to feel like you are a part of a tight group.”
Here are some practical things that would definitely help succeeding in this job
- Experience in being a hands-on lead developer in projects and/or coaching others with their work and learning.
- Love for creating delightful web applications. A browser is not just a rendering tool, it's your medium of choice. You know how to build a smooth single-page app from the ground up in e.g. React, Angular, or Vue.
- Knowing what it takes to have your client talk with a back-end over a REST API, and create one when needed.
- Setting up microservices and backends with e.g. Node.js, Scala or Python is familiar to you. You know how to minify, bundle, and get your code running on e.g. Heroku, AWS or Azure.
- Interest in constantly learning new technologies and business domains. Flexible environment that encourages continuous learning is more your cup of tea than sticking to a rigid skill set or tech stack.
- Appreciating and practicing good communication. You are fluent at least in English. Finnish is a definite plus.
- At the end of the day, the technology is but a means to an end, and your willingness to learn new things is what counts.
We offer you the Ultimate Learning Platform
With us you get the opportunity to work with the most motivated and multi talented forces in development, design and strategy. As an agency, we have a versatile portfolio of projects and we solve different kinds of problems that require different kinds of tools – for you this means the chance of a lifetime to follow your learning goals and broaden your skill set. You will be inspired and supported throughout your journey as our aspiration is to be the Ultimate Learning Platform for your career. We are a people-first-company and believe that at the end of the day happy people are the key to great software and happy clients. See our promise to you here.
If you get good vibes after reading this, we would love to hear from you!
Please click “apply” to show your interest and tell us a bit about your career background and why you are motivated to become part of the Futu family.
Want to know more about this?
Ville Keski-Nikkola, Talent Acquisition, Code Witcher, Tampere
+358 40 036 8026
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.