Full-stack developer (Java)
Join us in Tampere!
Looking for the next adventure in your career? You are in the right place! We are always happy to get to know people who love learning and have their heart in the right place.
At Futurice, we create digital services that people love. Together with our clients, we co-create transformational businesses and services to redefine the way humans and technology interact. We show the direction. We design customer experiences. We code. We build you the culture you need. We make future digital businesses.
Want to be part of something truly exciting and be able to deliver projects end-to-end? We are looking for an experienced developer that has a passion to code and loves problem solving, to join our team of highly skilled self-starters, driven to iterate, test, and get stuff done, while also having fun.
What to expect if you hop on?
As a full-stack java developer, you will help in maintaining and improving existing services, and in planning and implementing new services. It’s about building long-lasting relationships with our clients and creating high-quality solutions that bring value in the areas our clients benefit the most. For example, we have worked on projects like the world’s first online service helping people make better choices, together with the City of Helsinki, which impact hundreds of thousands of citizens' daily life. Take a look at what we do and what else we've done.
In our work as consultants we give high fives to agile ways of working and the importance of transparency and trust in teamwork. As Markus, a fellow Futuricean, put it: “It’s about creating solutions that bring value and all the team members play a part in that. That combined with the flexibility and freedom provided by the Futurice culture really gives me the opportunity to craft my days and project practicalities to fit my needs.”
Here are some practical things that would definitely help in this job
- JavaEE is your cup of tea and you have miles on it working with related projects.
- Experience with Enterprise Service Buses is considered as a plus.
- Knowledge of Kotlin, Clojure, Scala or other JVM languages is definetily a plus, but not required by any means.
- You embrace a full-stack mindset, and like working with web development frameworks like React and such.
- You know your way around REST APIs, web backends, continuous integration, test automation, continuous deployment, databases and so on. Idea of a working as a member of a DevOps team does not scare you.
- Curiosity to develop your skills further with data or cloud services, eg. AWS or Azure is welcomed. We are happy to help you with this with our vast certification program.
- We hope that good communication both with the team and the client is something you cherish dearly. Usually we look for people with fluent English, but this time especially fluent Finnish is something we value.
We offer you the Ultimate Learning Platform
With us you get the opportunity to work with the most motivated and multi talented forces in development, design and strategy. As an agency, we have a versatile portfolio of projects and we solve different kinds of problems that require different kinds of tools – for you this means the chance of a lifetime to follow your learning goals and broaden your skill set. You will be inspired and supported throughout your journey as our aspiration is to be the Ultimate Learning Platform for your career. We are a people-first-company and believe that at the end of the day happy people are the key to great software and happy clients.
If you get good vibes after reading this, we would love to hear from you!
Please click “apply” to show your interest and tell us a bit about your career background and why you are motivated to become part of the Futu family. If you want to know more before signing up for this job, Joonas Korpela, our fullstack business director, is happy to catch up with you! You may reach Joonas via phone +358 44 0637 716.
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.