Design Principal Munich (f/m/x)
We are looking for a Design Principal in Munich to co-create transformational businesses and services in order to create a resilient future. Working on challenging projects in mobility, health, energy and more to develop innovative products and services. As a Principal Designer, you will be co-leading with our Principal Designer in Berlin, defining and orchestrating the agency’s design practice in the German market.
You will be working closely with our Design Directors/Principal Designer in Germany, focusing on three equally important aspects:
shaping and nurturing the design culture and being a leader for our design community;
- Thought leadership
being a proactive thinker and inspire our designers; and
strengthening the client-centricity approach and building long-lasting relationships with clients.
Not only will you be a thought leader for the design community but also you will have an excellent opportunity to oversee various innovation projects and to be the c-level contact for design of our strategic accounts.
- Providing vision and leadership to guide the design practice
- Observing shifts in markets and societies and translating them into a consistent offering
- Lead continuous evolution of design standards and promote best practices
- Continuously strive to inspire designers and elevate the design craft to a high standard, creatively and consistently
- Act as a coach & mentor for senior designers and enable them to be the best version of themselves at work
- Champion design processes and lead design reviews to ensure quality and continuous reduction of design debt
- Arbitrating between the demands of a global organization and specific needs of the German market
- Develop and communicate the Design vision and strategy with the German design leadership
- Being a strong point of contact for our business development team and driving new client acquisition
- Building strong relationships with clients and colleagues through your presence at the client’s premise and at our offices
- Integrating design into an end-to-end approach to solve challenging client problems from strategy to execution
We are looking for people with
- At least 5 years of substantial work experience in the German market in a design leadership position
- Fluent in current design practices in the field of digital product design, services design & research or strategic foresight & business design
- Extensive experience in the agency/consulting sector, e.g. in working closely with clients maintaining and building strategic relationships and increasing the impact and value of design
- Excellent German communication skills
- Deeper experience and expertise in one of the following areas: Design & Data (AI, emerging technologies, analytics), Design & Sustainability (Circular Design & Economy), Health Sector (MedTech), Mobility (Automotive, Public Transport etc.), Ecosystem Building (Systems Thinking, Systemic Design)
Willingness to travel frequently between 3+ offices in Germany and occasionally to other country offices
We are human first. And ethics matter tremendously. Mutual respect is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Take a look at what we do and what we have done and get in touch. We want to get to know you and your future path, so tell us who you are and where you are heading and what you can bring to the Futurice design team. Describe what you already know and what you want to learn next.
We cannot wait to hear from you.
Come as you are
As an ultimate learning platform that empowers people to become a better version of themselves, we believe that diversity and inclusion are important to our company's success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of their race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, medical condition, or other non-merit factors - we care for each other!
Want to know more about this?
Katharina Schütte, Talent Acquisition Manager, Berlin
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.