Join us in London!
Looking for the next adventure in your career? You are in the right place! We are always happy to get to know people who love learning and have their heart in the right place.
We’re looking for a Delivery Manager to join our team at Futurice UK, you’ll join our highly collaborative, cross-functional product teams, working closely with clients and users to co-create intuitive, impactful and accessible design solutions. We’re looking for someone who shares our excitement about innovative, beautifully crafted digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
We’re a team of designers and software engineers working hard to create a progressive environment, culture and capability in the UK market. We’re working with some highly respected brands who value our ability to bring together design and engineering and get things to market quickly, while building their capabilities in tandem. Currently we run all of our client and team sessions remotely, but in future, we will expect all employees to be available to work on client sites if required and be within reach of London for regular full team sessions.Does this sound like you?
- You have an interest in the transformativepossibilities of digital projects and enjoy working with people to bring out the best in them and unlock achievements.
- You have experience working with multi-disciplinary teams that include clients, designers, developers and user researchers.
- You understand and respect different disciplines, whilst helping the team function and progress as a single entity.
- You have worked with smart, independent people in the past and enjoy coaching and supporting them to help the team achieve great results.
- You care about the outcomes that your projects achieve and keep everyone’s focus on delivering them, whilst prioritising user needs.
- You create momentum to help drive through uncertainty. You do all this while keeping the project within a time/budget envelope and actively managing risks.
- You enjoy working closely with clients as a way to ensure project success.
- You would seek to help clients learn from our agile approach and embed it within their organisations.
- You will take responsibility for ensuring that the project achieves our clients’ aims, including making sure their experience of the project is as positive as the end-result it achieves.
- You’ll make sure the team is motivated, supported and happy, while working to deliver the project on-time and within budget, ensuring good value for the client, and protecting Futurice’s commercial interests.
- You will have the opportunity to get involved in projects at their inception, working alongside service designers, or independently to understand the client’s objectives and help craft the project to meet their business outcomes and ensure that delivery is smooth and enjoyable for the client and the team.
- You may also have involvement in meeting clients as part of the sales process, and contributing to proposals to shape how we would design and deliver a project for them.
- You have ample experience managing projects of all sizes with end-to-end responsibility of project delivery
- You’re comfortable with release planning, estimation, capacity planning, proposal building, contract negotiation and managing project financials
- You have a history of solving problems, managing risks and overcoming challenges
- You have worked in multidisciplinary teams, including directly with developers and designers
- A strong understanding of various software development approaches (traditional, agile and etc) and have the ability to consult clients on the best approaches applicable to their scenarios.
- You like the idea of a flat hierarchy and enjoy facilitating and organising sessions to promote collaboration
- You are able to show evidence of a dedication to continuous improvement – both supporting/coaching a team and in your own ways of working
- You are comfortable taking the initiative and working with ambiguity
- You can communicate clearly including an ability to explain technical concepts to people with diverse backgrounds in a way that is meaningful to them
- A keen interest in and familiar with how software is built and delivered, including knowing when things are technically easy or difficult
How we work
We’re a team of collaborators and always aim to encourage each other to get out of our comfort zone, experiment, reflect and learn together
We are human first. Mutual respect and trust is an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be self-starters and have a desire to be part of a work culture with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness.
Not a morning person? Need to pick up your kids from school? We believe in well-rested people doing concentrated and impactful work. Therefore, we have flexible working hours and locations.What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 5%
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of holidays
A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 10-weeks maternity full pay and 3- weeks partner full pay(dependant on your tenure)
- Time and budget for personal development
- Company credit card
- Team get-togethers and a weekly lunch and share
- Weekly company updates and social events (all remote)
- Team trips and group activities (when we can get together in person)
Don’t worry about whether you’re a 100% fit! Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you’ve worked or studied, tell us who you are, where you are heading, and why you want to join us!More about our process
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would like to work at Futurice UK to firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually follow the following format for interviews, currently all held remotely:
- 30min video/telephone introductory call
- 1hr interview with 2 people, a developer and a designer
- 1hr interview with 2 directors
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Futurice, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category. We will offer interviews at times that suit your schedule and circumstances. Please get in touch if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible and convenient for you.Additional information: Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship. You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
We are a team of 550 professionals with more than 40 nationalities in 7 offices. We’re experts in strategy, design, and engineering, and we combine these capabilities to transform organisations at every level. We think by making, and make by thinking, solving business problems by getting our hands dirty. We help forward-thinking organisations embrace change, and take control of their futures. Our strong culture is built on our core values: Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement.