Are you looking for the next chapter in your career journey? You’ve come to the right place. We are always happy to hear from people who love learning and have their heart in the right place. Welcome home.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) service team!
In this role you get to utilize the best practices from DevOps and SRE ways of working and you automate manual operations work as much as possible. Depending on the clients needs and your personal preferences, your daily work can be automating operations or supporting development teams or both. You work closely with your team of developers and DevOps engineers plus with the client's development teams. You can work from Tampere or Helsinki.
Together with the team, you
- solve the client's operations problems with code, automation and processes.
- are responsible for ensuring that the platforms, systems, and services you maintain run without problems.
- create new and continuously improve both the systems and practices to ensure that the amount of manual work needed for operations is ever decreasing.
- work closely with the client's development teams and make sure that they have high efficiency, autonomy and that their daily work runs smoothly in a cloud environment.
The SRE team is a relatively new service we offer to our clients so you have a great opportunity to build the offering and ways of working with us. Here you can read more what type of SRE services we offer to our clients.
To dive a bit deeper into the SRE world, we recommend checking out our oven fresh blog posts written by your potential colleague and Senior Cloud Consultant Pasi Huttunen. Pasi explains how Site Reliability Engineering can do more for customers dev and ops and what exactly are the mechanisms and methods SRE relies on and what are the key differences between SRE, DevOps and traditional operations?
Who are we looking for?
Some experience of one or more of these listed topics help you to thrive as the Futurice’s next Cloud Engineer:
- technical understanding of public clouds, like AWS, Azure or GCP
- hands-on experience of operations in production, with a knack for improving reliability and scalability
- modern infrastructure-as-a-code
- minimizing the manual work via automation
- monitoring, alerting, and observability toolchain
- agile methodology
You join a team so people and communication skills in English are needed. We consider as a plus developer background and practical SRE experience or know-how about SRE core concepts. It is also worth mentioning if you have experience in cloud networking and security, Kubernetes, scripting and tooling.
We offer you
During your journey at Futurice we offer you
- Talented team to mentor and do sparring with
- Support to your professional growth and have opportunity to learning tracks such as Account Lead, Scrum master or Architect just to name a few
- Tools for your needs
- Futurice’s unique culture
- company benefits such as insurances, healthcare, lunch card, culture and sport benefit, FutuHike, Camps etc
If you get good vibes after reading this, we would love to hear from you!
The ball is now in your court. If you are ready to see how far you can really go, send us your application and tell us how you would want to learn and grow with us. We handle applications daily and will be in touch as soon as possible.
For additional details, contact Petteri Jalonen (+358400433581, firstname.lastname@example.org). Please hold the calls during weekends.
We are a team of 650 professionals with more than 46 nationalities in 7 offices, and we help forward-thinking organizations develop resilience and take control of their futures. Bringing together strategy, design, engineering and data, we help clients put data to work, rethink customer experiences, and design entirely new business models. We unleash a culture of innovation and create digital products and services that make companies and societies future capable. We collaborate closely with our clients across industries, both on-site and remotely. Our strong culture is built on our core values of Care, Trust, Transparency and Continuous Improvement. We'd like to welcome you home.