Senior Cloud Architect
Ready to start the next chapter in your career journey? You’re in the right place. We’re always happy to hear from people who are eager to learn and grow, and share our values. Welcome home.
Are you a senior technologist and you have a strong drive to learn more?
Keep on reading! We are looking for talented Senior Cloud Architect for whom tech choices are about finding a balance of creating scalable, maintainable and modern digital services – and getting things done effectively.
As a Senior Cloud Architect at Futurice you get to work in a team of talented people. As an agency we cooperate with different clients in different business fields. This means there are options in terms of projects and technologies you can use when you join Futurice. Depending on your skills, impact and responsibilities we can customize a role fitting for your learning goals and professional aspirations. You can work from Tampere or Helsinki and we have different working modes including remote work in Finland, depending on the projects at hand
Depending on your background and career goals, you may engage in tech advisory type of projects related to web app modernization and/or be part of the implementation teams supporting our Clients in their cloud transformation initiatives. You understand how to create long-term technical roadmaps and elect cost-efficient and most suitable cloud components to make the most out of our Clients investment.
What helps you to succeed in this role?
We are looking for a team member that has
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with at least one of the main public cloud stacks (AWS/Azure/GCP) and familiarity with core concepts and their applicability in business context like serverless workloads, CI/CD and infrastructure-as-code.
- Being right at home with designing and implementing secure and developer friendly APIs, considering maintainability and scalability aspects, as well as API consumer needs.
- A DevSecOps mindset and a strong understanding that autonomy is fueled by trust and transparency. Practical experience with monitoring/alerting stacks and performing threat modeling is a plus.
- Understanding the benefits and tradeoffs of different architecture paradigms (e.g. microservices and event-driven infrastructures) and technology choices.
- Appreciation for good communication and quality advocacy with both our multidisciplinary teams and the clients. Presentation skills are needed when suggesting our approach to our Clients.
- The will to support our business development, guide our clients and shape the project architecture in pre-sales, sales and early project phases through technical insights and inspiration.
Seen as a plus
- Experience with cloud-native and/or Kubernetes technologies.
- Experience in DevSecOps, supporting developers by provisioning infrastructure, maintaining CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Developing and implementing quality assurance (QA) processes, automated tests etc.
- Agile experience, perhaps even working as a Scrum Master beside your other tasks.
- Experience with IoT devices and services.
What do we offer you?
Besides our community and organizational model, here are some specific Futurice perks:
- Flexible working hours
- Some are night owls, others early birds – you can work whenever you’re most productive. Also, part-time work (e.g. 80%) is possible.
- Futurice Hybrid Work Model
- Personal IT budget (can be used for phone, tablet, headphones)
- Free choice of laptop and other work-gear
- Sports & lunch benefit
- Futurice's clubs for freetime activities
- Internal learning events and programmes
- Certification programs (e.g. free certification course & exams for major public cloud vendors)
- Corporate Social responsibility program (The Spice Program)
- You can give back to the community and receive sponsorship from Futurice for doing open-source projects in your free time.
- FutuHike: Work in another office for a week
If you have any questions about the role, Lauri Anttila has set aside time and you can get in touch with him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been looking for? If yes, that’s great news – please head on over to the next phase and submit your application.
Our application form is about as easy as it gets, just enter your contact information and upload your attachments. We’re hoping to see at least your CV and a few lines about yourself and why you want to join Futurice (for inspiration, take a look here to read our tips on how to stand out from the other applicants). You’ll also have the option to submit links to your LinkedIn and/or GitHub profile or your portfolio, as well as share other attachments relevant to the application.
After we receive your application, we will reach out to you. Those selected for the interview phase can look forward to an initial discussion, both in order for us to get to know you better, and for you to get more familiar with life at Futurice. That will be followed by an in-depth talk with your potential future colleagues to dive deeper into your professional skills, and finally, one more general chat where you’ll discuss things like your potential future projects.
How we work
Ever since Futurice was founded, we’ve been committed to offering a workplace people will genuinely enjoy coming to every morning, Mondays included. We’ve put tons of effort into fostering a healthy and welcoming company culture combined with fair and competitive salaries as well as perks that improve the wellbeing of each Futuricean – take a look here to learn more, check our Culture handbook 2.0 and get to know some of our people through their career stories. Each of our offices also adds its own unique vibe and flavor into the mix. Learn more about our offices here!
At Futurice, new joiners are not expected to fit into a specific mold – people are free to come as they are, regardless of their background. We believe there’s power in perspectives and consider diversity an important part of our success – which is why we have made diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) a key component of our company’s strategy. You can learn more about our DE&I commitment and efforts here
We are a team of over 800 professionals representing more than 60 nationalities in 6 countries. We help forward-thinking organizations solve their biggest challenges and empower them to make a positive impact on the world. We work with clients from several industries to co-create world-class digital services, both on-site and remotely. And we’d love to welcome you home right here, with us.
- Lauri Anttilalauri.email@example.com