It’s an exciting time at Futurice and the London design studio is expanding.
Being one of the first to join the design team brings a genuine opportunity to help shape and influence a vibrant studio culture. The aim is for the London design team to become an integral part of the wider organisation, influencing and raising the benchmark of design quality to ensure Futurice is leading rather than following.
All team members have a wide range of responsibilities and are involved in every part of the design and development process, therefore positivity and a ‘can do’ attitude are crucial. Individuals are given the freedom to deliver the highest-standard of work in the best way possible, producing outstanding game-changing digital products and services in collaboration with ambitious international clients.
Mutual respect is also an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Above all Designers need to be excited by beautifully designed and innovative, cross media end-to-end digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real purpose for the customer.
Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are and where you are heading and what you can bring to the Futurice design team. Describe what you already know and what you want to learn next and take a look at how to write a great job application.
A strong digital portfolio with several examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process is a crucial accompaniment to your application.
- A strategic and creative thinker, able to inspire team members and customers with compelling, well-thought out design solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of the entire creative design process including solid experience of UX and UI development and considerable hands-on digital creative and interactive media experience.
- Strong ability to think visually to convey conceptual frameworks utilising design tools such as prototyping, lo-fi mock-ups, journey mapping, storyboards and other methodology appropriate to help determine the effectiveness of proposed design solutions and inform decision-making.
- A resourceful nature, working around obstacles to move thing forward.
- Able to reduce the most complex of problems to sublime simplicity.
- Impeccable, pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- First-class verbal and written communication skills with the ability to eloquently articulate strategy, concepts and rationale in a comprehensive and understandable manner.
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practice, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
- High-level competency in illustration and motion graphics design skills (editing and animation) would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience of leadership, enterprise and accountability in collaborate with a cross-functional agile team.
- Considerable commercial exposure of designing the highest standard of digital services for a variety of media, e.g., websites, software applications, mobile and tablet UI, TV set-top box, experiential installations, gesture-based interaction models, etc.
- Practical working knowledge of agile development methodology.
- Experience in planning and conducting customer research and collaborative workshop activities that help shape and define consumer-facing experiences.
- Solid understanding and exposure to the technical side of digital development and delivery.
- A strong digital portfolio with several examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking reflecting an extensive and comprehensive understanding of the design process.
- Experienced in client relationship building and proposal writing.