Technology Consultants at Futurice are generalists working across industries to help clients solve their important challenges in business and technology. They work with digital services, software development and improving how IT is done in big organizations. Technology Consultants have a deep understanding in technology and a toolset of modern frameworks and methodologies. They might have years of experience in software development but have extended the scope of problems to tackle as they also want to see impact being made to organizational issues. Corporations are slow but Technology Consultants have ideas on how to fix that.
As a Technology Consultant you’ll be part of a talented team with diverse backgrounds and leave your mark on our growing and developing consulting competence as we expand on the continent and beyond.
Examples of what you’d be working with
- Analysing the current state and re-designing the digital development organization and architecture (European shipping company)
- Designing next generation In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system with onboard WiFi and modern entertainment experience (European airline)
- Evaluating various IoT platforms to power their upcoming new b2b services globally (Tele operator)
- Evaluating the IT landscape, application portfolio and architecture (Finnish logistics provider)
- Focusing on new agile ways of working, using our consultants as catalysts and leaders (Nordic bank)
Additionally, you will take a leadership role in projects and ensure alignment and coordination within the project team and relevant stakeholders. Due to the exploratory nature of this role, you will also assist in business development and sales related activities.
Your skills and experience
- Ability to communicate and work fluently across different levels in organizations, from C-level to product owners
- Background: modern software development, system integrations, solution architecture and cloud IT infrastructure with +5 years of work experience
- Education: a higher university degree in engineering, science, or industrial management with excellent academic track record
- Willingness to take a step in the abstraction level to solve organizational issues and drive towards results in big projects
- Good leadership skills in achieving momentum, action and results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English and Finnish, and a readiness to travel
What we'd like you to be like
- Ability to ask the right questions and drive troubleshooting with experts
- Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others
- Eagerness to learn with broad focus
- Passionate about all things digital
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with nonhierarchical organizations
- A good fit with Futurice Culture
What we offer you
We are a team of enthusiastic and ambitious people who aim to create a caring and inclusive workplace. We’ll give you a lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility. We tend to hire smart people and trust their judgement. Futurice lets you drive things you really believe in and have a real impact. Read more about Futurice Advisory.
Join us and become part of an international, highly transparent company culture with exciting career opportunities!
Apply by submitting your application including your cover letter or video, CV, academic record and salary request latest January 9th 2017.