Solution Architects at Futurice know how hard it is to steer complex organizations to make the right decisions in terms of technologies and architecture. It requires good leadership and communications skills to convince various stakeholders to make the right decisions. Sometimes, as a Solution Architect, you need to dig deep to understand the real issue to solve a complex challenge facing the team. Architects work across domains in diverse projects and organizations. Sometimes our clients are big corporations like banks, and sometimes we advise emerging startups in their early phases. Solution architects are generalists in terms of technology and quick learners as new technologies keep on coming.
Examples of what you’d be working with
- Designing next generation In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system with onboard WiFi and modern entertainment experience (European airline)
- Revamping the online digital channels from enterprise CMS platform to agile micro service based setup running on Cloud infrastructure (Media company)
- Launching the first mobile service, with personalized content, to be used as the future platform for digital experiences (Finnish retail chain)
- Evaluating various IoT platforms to power their upcoming new b2b services globally (Tele operator)
What skills and experience we expect
- Constant focus on learning the emerging new technologies
- Experience on big trends impacting traditional IT organizations, such as Cloud infrastructure, real-time architectures and agile way-of-working
- Background: modern software development, system integrations, solution architecture and cloud IT infrastructure with +5 years of work experience
- Education: A higher university degree in engineering, science, or industrial management with excellent academic track record
- Deep understanding of modern Web and mobile technologies, such as
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, Heroku)
- Backend technologies (e.g. Java, Scala, Linux, various databases)
- Web technologies (e.g. frontend stacks, HTTP APIs)
- Mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Android)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership skills in achieving momentum, action and results
- Ability to communicate and work fluently across different levels in organizations, from C-level to product owners
- Passion to become a people leader, by working in large & complex organizations
- Fluency in English and Finnish and a readiness to travel
What we'd like you to be like
- Ability to ask the right questions and drive troubleshooting with experts
- Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others
- Eagerness to learn with broad focus
- Passionate about all things digital
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy in an ambiguous environment
Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with nonhierarchical organizations
A good fit with Futurice Culture
What we offer you
We are a team of enthusiastic and ambitious people who aim to create a caring and inclusive workplace. We’ll give you a lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility. We tend to hire smart people and trust their judgement. Futurice lets you drive things you really believe in and have a real impact. Read more about Futurice Advisory.
Join us and become part of an international, highly transparent company culture with exciting career opportunities!
Apply by submitting your application including your cover letter or video, CV, academic record and salary request latest January 9th 2017.