Do you love creating unique world class brand identity and visual design for digital environments? For our success it's critical that the services we build have exceptionally good user experience and outstanding visual design. You understand how the human mind works and you use your knowledge to combine complex scenarios consisting of business needs and technical opportunities to create products that are a pleasure to interact with.
As Senior Visual/Brand designer, we expect you to be able to shape high quality visuals brand identities, produce outstanding UI and assets, guide more junior designers in the design process and work as a member of multidisciplinary design & development team to polish the final product to deliver the highest standard of UX.
All team members have a wide range of responsibilities and are involved in every part of the design and development process, therefore positivity and a ‘can do’ attitude are crucial. Individuals are given the freedom to deliver the highest-standard of work in the best way possible. You'll help facilitate co-creation sessions and workshops with our customers, as well as work closely with other designers and developers to create game-changing digital services.
Mutual respect is also an essential condition, as is passion, talent and energy. All team members need to be ambitious self-starters and have a desire to be part of a workplace with a lean, flat structure, built on a foundation of Nordic straightforwardness. Individuals are constantly given opportunities to learn and grow in collaboration with wonderfully nice and extremely talented people.
Above all Designers need to be excited by beautifully designed and innovative, cross media end-to-end digital experiences that have a positive impact on people’s lives and deliver real purpose for the customer.
What we expect:
- At least 5 years of experience in creating interactive visual designs on a variety of digital platforms
- Experience in creating brand identities for digital platforms.
- A good understanding of users and usability
- A sharp eye for visual detail including typography, color and layout as it relates to interaction
- High quality production of pixel-perfect visual designs for digital platforms
- Production of both rapid and high fidelity prototypes to describe the behavior of concepts
- Experience in communicating design decisions to team members and project stakeholders and leading project teams in the development of successful digital services
- Experience in managing client relations and a a big picture mentality to support solving problems and turning complex demands into simple and elegant digital services
- Enthusiasm for digital design best practice, new interaction models, design standards and emerging technologies.
- Fluent communication in German and in English.
- Interest in mentoring junior team members and motivation and ability to provide comprehensive feedback and art direction to other designers
Big pluses are:
- Some understanding and exposure to the technical side of digital development and delivery.
- Interest in (or experience in) service design
- Practical working knowledge of agile development methodology.
- Interest in participation in professional industry groups, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, etc.
What we offer you:
We are a team of enthusiastic and ambitious people from a dozen different countries that aim to create a caring and inclusive workplace. We foster continuous improvement, learning and support people that want to spread their knowledge by teaching and giving back to the community.
We love Munich for its great quality of life and because it is home to some of the most advanced technology companies in the world, who work on some of the most ambitious and challenging projects. If you want to experience other cities you also have the opportunity to work at our other sites, e.g. Berlin, London or Helsinki, through client projects or our FutuHike program.
Futurice also offers sponsorships for open source contributions that you do in your free time. And since you know best what tools you need, you get to pick your work laptop, smartphone, tablet or smartwatch. Join us and become part of an international, highly transparent company culture with lots of exciting career opportunities!
Take a look at what we do and what we've done and get in touch. Don’t just tell us where you have worked or studied, tell us who you are and where you are heading and what you can bring to the Futurice design team. Describe what you already know and what you want to learn next and take a look at this blog post.
A digital portfolio with examples of successful projects that demonstrate creative visual thinking reflecting an comprehensive understanding of the design process for digital services is a crucial accompaniment to your application.