Are you are a passionate developer who wants to have an impact on people's lives, loves fresh challenges and enjoys life on the edge? Do you want to be challenged by your work, and learn from equally skilled and passionate colleagues? Get in touch!
What awaits you:
- Concepting digital services as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Fun and challenging projects with ambitious clients from many industries
- Development of a wide variety of sofware services
- Sharing experiences and learnings with your colleagues
- Constant learning and self-improvement through conferences and team events
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to make an impact
What we expect:
- Experience of creating REST APIs and backend services using Java EE
- Also interested in fullstack or web mobile development (not expert)
- Experience with databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar
- The passion and skill required to build and ship high-quality software
- Interest in other platforms and technologies, as well as future trends
- Familiarity with testing tools and the mindset to write concise, effective unit tests
- The ability to discuss project work with our customers over phone, video conference, or at our or their premises. Some travelling will be required
For a senior role, you should also have:
- Over 5 years of software development experience
- Interest in mentoring junior team members
- A big picture mentality to support solving problems from client, to server and system architecture.
- Experience with reactive frameworks (e.g. RxJava) and dependency injection.
- Experience with test automation, continuous delivery and unit testing frameworks
- You are able to communicate fluently in English, our company language. German skills are beneficial, but not required. You should have a passion for learning and the talent to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies.
- Able to visualise and communicate architectual decisions
What we offer you:
We are a team of enthusiastic and ambitious people from a dozen different countries that aim to create a caring and inclusive workplace. We foster continuous improvement, learning and support people that want to spread their knowledge by teaching and giving back to the community. We love Berlin for its great quality of life and because it is home to some of the most advanced technology companies in the world, who work on some of the most ambitious and challenging projects. If you want to experience other cities you also have the opportunity to work at our other sites, e.g. Munich, London, Stockholm or Helsinki, through client projects or our FutuHike program. Futurice also offers sponsorships for open source contributions that you do in your free time. And since you know best what tools you need, you get to pick your work laptop, smartphone, tablet or smartwatch.
Join us and become part of an international, highly transparent company culture with lots of exciting career opportunities!