You remember the feeling when you first saw a mobile app you created running on an actual device. You took the app with you and showed it around. There's something magical about it. And you still get the same kicks (even if you don't necessarily say it out loud) when your app is approved in store, or you get that five star reviews from strangers. No matter how many times you've done that, it's always a great feeling to deliver a quality app to users.
Mobile apps have changed the world, and they have definitely changed your life. While smartphones are just tools and toys for others, for you they are platforms for creating digital services that people love. You've been working with at least Android or iOS for some time, and possibly other ecosystems as well.
Now you are looking for a new challenge. You want to be working with the best developers and designers out there. You want to have colleagues with whom you can have meaningful conversations about technologies and the world around them. You can definitely show them a thing or two about development, and are also eager to learn in return.
We're looking for passionate Android and iOS developers who want to have an impact on people's lives, love new challenges and enjoy life on the edge. We offer you inspiring work and you can learn from.
What awaits you in Futurice
- Concepting digital services in an interdisciplinary team, together with our clients from various industries
- Development of top-notch native apps for Android or iOS and watchOS
- Sharing experiences and learnings with your colleagues
- Constant learning and self-improvement through conferences and team events
- Flat hierarchy where your voice will be heard
What we expect
- You are fluent in written and spoken English, and can express yourself clearly and concisely. It doesn't hurt if you also speak Finnish.
- You have published apps, preferably well-rated, in app stores. They can be work or hobby projects.
- You have worked as a part of development teams using agile methodologies.
- You have a good understanding of the comparisons between other platforms and cross-platform approaches, as well as future trends.
- You have a passion and skill required to build and ship high-quality software.
- You have a strong command of the development frameworks, toolset (incl. testing-related) and popular third-party libraries.
- It's a plus if you have experience with Swift [iOS], functional reactive frameworks, modern architectures (e.g. MVC, MVVM, VIPER) and dependency injection.
- You are able to discuss project work with our customers, over phone, video conference, or at our or their premises. Some travelling may be required.
What's in it for you
Probably the best part about working at Futurice are the colleagues. You get to work with some of the most brilliant and talented professionals of the digital world. In Futurice, software engineers work closely together with our designers, analysts, and business consultants, as well as with our customers. Our aim is to grow the next generation of digital leaders, and that's why this is the place to be for learning.
We also offer a competitive compensation, and a work culture that has been awarded internationally. Our core values are care, trust, transparency, and continuous improvement that we try to embrace and share as much as possible.
To convince us that you are one of us, don't just tell us where you have worked or studied. Tell us who you are, and where you are heading at. Describe what you already know, and what you will learn next. You might also want to take a look at our five steps to a great application for more inspiration.