International work experience? Everybody is talking about it and you know it is important. But applying for a job abroad seems daunting.
Except that now it’s not. Futurice is a Finnish digital service company that has offices all around Europe. During 2017 we offer summer job positions in Helsinki, Tampere, Berlin, Munich, and Stockholm. You can apply just like for any other position, but the interviews happen locally in Helsinki.
We have versatile opportunities with web, mobile and VR/AR technologies in projects for some of the biggest companies in Finland and in Europe. And don't worry, we don't expect you to know everything beforehand. What we do is expect you to be willing to learn a lot.
Show what you have done by presenting code or designs from study and hobby projects. (We would also appreciate if you can point to the most relevant ones, in case you have a lot to show.) Add a transcript of your studies, and put them together with a short letter where you tell a little about who you are, which offices you are interested in, and how you are decided to grow into a digital professional. You might also want to take a look at our article about how to write good job applications.
Here's a little checklist to help you figure out if you are a match for us:
- You speak and write fluent English. Finnish, Swedish or German are also a big plus.
- You have done something nice that actually works, either on a web browser, mobile device or other gadget, and can show it.
- You have a solid understanding of the basics in either:
- programming and languages, as well as the principal differencies of procedural, object-oriented and functional paradigms; or
- user interface/experience design and digital services.
- You really want to learn more about programming and/or digital design and become a professional in it.
- Especially for international positions, previous relevant work experience is a good thing.
Please apply using the form below at the latest on 31.12.2016.
Note: we aim to fill the international positions already during this year. So if you are interested in working outside Finland, be quick to apply.