What can Futurice offer for you
Probably the best part about working at Futurice are the colleagues. You get to work with some of the most brilliant and talented professionals of the digital world. In Futurice, software engineers work closely together with our designers, analysts, and business consultants, as well as with our customers from various industries. Our aim is to grow the next generation of digital leaders, and that's why this is the place to be for learning.
You will be developing top-notch services in an environment that promotes constant self-improving and sharing ideas with colleagues, through team work, and also event or conference participations. Our public reference cases should give you an idea about what kind of concrete things you could be working with.
We also offer a competitive compensation, and a work culture that has been awarded internationally. Our core values are care, trust, transparency, and continuous improvement that we try to embrace and share as much as possible.
What do we expect
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and can express yourself clearly and concisely. It doesn't hurt if you also speak Finnish.
- You know how to write Hello World in in multiple programming languages. And you have known that for years.
- You can connect to a REST API. And you can create one if needed.
- You know why tools like sbt and Grunt have been created. Not from Wikipedia, but experience.
- You have done some hobby projects recently and ideally have something to share to us on GitHub or elsewhere.
- You might have tried at least some of these: React, NodeJS, Angular, Grails, Play!, Symfony, ...
- You can position yourself in frontend, backend or somewhere in between. With good reasons.
- You follow the developer community actively.
- You are able to work at least four days a week.
All in all, we are not looking for a person for a specific position. We are looking for people who know their web tech, whatever that exactly is, and want to learn more. You might also want to take a look at our five steps to a great application for more inspiration.