Senior Design Strategists at Futurice work across industries to help clients solve challenges in business and the digital domain, with the help of design thinking. The Design Strategist analyses market and industry trends, leads customer insight and visionary work to deliver actionable strategies that align with the clients business goals.
As a Design Strategist you’ll be part of a talented team with diverse backgrounds and leave your mark on our growing and developing consulting competence as we expand on the continent and beyond.
Examples of what you’ll be working with
- Identify new opportunities in the digital and physical landscape and set strategic direction
- Create strategic visions based on consumer insight research
- Lead creation of game-changing digital services
- Current state analyses of client organisations’ digital capabilities, from user-centric processes to organizational culture
- Work as a change agent from within customer organizations to transform and deliver on a new strategic direction
- Your projects might also include helping clients with design management or digital development teams understand user experience and much more
Additionally, you will take a leadership role in projects and ensure alignment and coordination within the project team and relevant stakeholders. The hands-on co-creation methodologies require that you possess excellent communication and facilitation skills and an inspiring personality. Due to the exploratory nature of this role, you will also assist in business development and sales related activities.
What skills and experience we expect
- Ability to communicate and work fluently across different levels in organizations, from C-level to product owners
- Background: 6 to 10 years relevant experience, with a degree in design related field (cross-functional education is an advantage)
- Excellent academic track record
- Solid background and broad portfolio in strategic design
- Leadership experience, in charge of small to medium sized design and development teams/projects
- Up-to-date understanding of designing for web, mobile and tablet, with an eye on up-and-coming technologies like VR, voice and wearable interfaces
- An understanding of lean startup, business model innovation and agile development
- Comfortable in our international environment and a good fit with Futurice Culture
- Fluency in English and Finnish and a readiness to travel
What we'd like you to be like
- Creative with the ability to translate abstract into concrete and articulate it appropriately to others.
- Strong social skills, must be a team player.
- Passionate about all things digital.
- Business savvy design evangelist.
- Strong drive to constantly learn and develop.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with nonhierarchical organizations.
- A good fit with Futurice Culture.
What we offer you
We are a team of enthusiastic and ambitious people that aim to create a caring and inclusive workplace. We’ll give you a lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility. We tend to hire smart people and trust their judgement. Futurice lets you drive things you really believe in and have a real impact. Read more about Futurice Advisory.
Join us and become part of an international, highly transparent company culture with exciting career opportunities!
Apply by submitting your application including your cover letter or video, CV, academic record and salary request no later than January 9th 2017.