A Business Director at Futurice helps our customers finding their way through uncharted territories in the brave new digital world. We're focusing on changing our clients business through delivering impactful business models, digital concepts and visions. The Business Director in Stockholm will be responsible for creating and leading innovation, projects and culture while being part of our growth journey.
As a Business Director you’ll be part of a talented bunch of people with diverse backgrounds and leave your mark on our growing and developing competence as we expand in Sweden and Europe.
Examples of what you’d be working with
- Identify new growth opportunities in the digital and physical landscape and set strategic direction.
- Research, gather and evaluate qualitative, quantitative, and competitive data to identify and validate opportunities and deliver insights and recommendations.
- Lead concept design and commercialization of digital services.
- Create compelling new value propositions for customers.
- Work as a change agent from within customer organizations to transform and deliver on a new strategic direction
- Your projects might include leading new vision definition or go-to-market strategy planning, among others.
- Additionally, you will take a leadership role in the office and projects and ensure alignment and coordination within the project team and relevant stakeholders. The hands-on co-creation methodologies require that you possess excellent communication and facilitation skills and an inspiring personality. Due to the exploratory nature of this role, you will also assist in business development and sales related activities.
What skills and experience we expect
- Ability to communicate and work fluently across different levels in organizations, from C-level to product owners
- Education: Master’s Degree in Business, Design, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar with excellent academic track record (cross-functional education, eg. IDBM, is an advantage)
- Background: business development, product development, consulting or strategy with 4-8 years of work experience
- Strong analytical skills - adept with quantitative data and financial models.
- Creative - capable of seeing potential directions and sensing opportunities.
- Ability to switch between high-level strategic thinking and implementation details
- Leadership experience, in charge of small to medium sized design and development teams/projects
- Experience of using lean startup, business model innovation and agile development
- Experience or understanding of design thinking methodologies and service design
- The software world is not completely foreign to you
- Fluency in at least English and a readiness to travel
What we'd like you to be like
- Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others.
- Strong social skills, must be a team player.
- Passionate about all things digital.
- Strong drive to constantly learn and develop.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with nonhierarchical organizations.
- A good fit with Futurice Culture.
What we offer you
We are a team of enthusiastic and ambitious people who aim to create a caring and inclusive workplace. We’ll give you a lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility. We tend to hire smart people and trust their judgement. Futurice lets you drive things you really believe in and have a real impact.